GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Could FinalFantasy Make The Cube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/06/02 at 15:06
Regular
hmmmm wounder if FinalFantasy will make the cube . I know nintie had it origonaly
Fri 07/06/02 at 11:34
"Darkness, always"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> It's confirmed for the GC, it's a totally new game. New plot,
> characters, everything.

Every FF game is. However, I can bet you that there will be Chocobos and character somewhere in the game called Biggs and Jessie.
Fri 07/06/02 at 11:33
Regular
Final Fantasy games smell of wee anyway. There's no need to get excited we have Zelda which is far superior.
Fri 07/06/02 at 10:21
Regular
"You've upset me"
From Cube-Europe.com

President of Nintendo Co. Hiroshi Yamauchi quoted in an analysts meeting on the
6th that the software being developed for their hardware by Square's subsidiary-
"Final Fantasy", will be released as early as within the year, and that it will be "a
ground breaking software to the Japanese game market."

Further on, Yamauchi commented that this title which interweaves the use of both
the Nintendo GameCube and GameBoy Advance is "gaining focus from the
industry, since it succeeds in the difficult task of cutting down on development time
and costs, while its game quality rises".

Also within the meeting, Satoru Iwata- the new Nintendo president, made clear that
the market for online games is still too premature at this point and that Nintendo
has no plans to release online game software until there are estimates that they
can make equal sales to standalone software. Iwata set Square's "Final Fantasy
XI" as an example, citing that its sales estimate is 200-300 thousand copies, nearly
one tenth the sales of a usual Final Fantasy title.

The analysts meeting concentrated on Yamauchi's retirement, and the new
company structure under the succeeding president.

In related news, Square has announced in their press release that Final Fantasy
XI for the PC is scheduled for release within the late fiscal 2002 year, and that the
damages due to the problems since its PS2 launch are estimated at 80-100 million
Yen. Other titles scheduled are Front Mission for WonderSwan Color, and 2 RPG &
1 action game for the Playstation 2. The GBA title is "Final Fantasy Tactics
(tentative name)".
Thu 06/06/02 at 17:21
my mate has FF10 on PSX2 and he says its big and ace .....I have played 7 and 8 and both were brill for me FF on the cube will be a must have must buy
Thu 06/06/02 at 13:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I would not care - I would still get it!

They are being made under a differnt company name aren't they?

YAY!
Thu 06/06/02 at 13:10
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Apparently, the 2 GC Final Fantasy games will be based on the Japanese Animé series of Final Fantasy - 'Fantasy Fantasy Unlimited'

So could we see a cel-shaded RPG-Adventure here too!??? :o
Thu 06/06/02 at 13:10
Regular
"You've upset me"
It's confirmed for the GC, it's a totally new game. New plot, characters, everything.
Wed 05/06/02 at 23:15
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i doubt final fantasy will be making it to the gamecube because sony own a large chunk of squaresoft now but it could always come to the GC under a different name.
Tue 04/06/02 at 17:56
**Kerrang!** wrote:
> The new final fantasy, thats right 'new' is rumoured to come out late
> 2002 or early 2003. It will be a game to look a for, well in my
> opinion final fantasy is the bestrpg and its making its way onto the
> cube with what we hope will be a great addition to the series
Here Here to that
Tue 04/06/02 at 16:40
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
The new final fantasy, thats right 'new' is rumoured to come out late 2002 or early 2003. It will be a game to look a for, well in my opinion final fantasy is the bestrpg and its making its way onto the cube with what we hope will be a great addition to the series

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.