GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Helvetica TrueType/FreeType anyone?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/06/02 at 14:15
Regular
I need Helvetica in either the TT or FT libraries so it will work with Gdkxft. FreeType is preferred, although I think TT will work too.

Cheers.
Tue 04/06/02 at 14:15
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I need Helvetica in either the TT or FT libraries so it will work with Gdkxft. FreeType is preferred, although I think TT will work too.

Cheers.
Tue 04/06/02 at 16:30
If anyone understood what you just said, they're doing better than you.
Wed 05/06/02 at 22:00
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Insomnia - let me clarify ...

Gdkxft transparently adds anti-aliased font support to gtk+-1.2. Once you have installed it, you can run any (well, nearly any) existing gtk+ binary and see anti-aliased fonts in the gtk widgets. You don't need to recompile gtk+ or your applications.

OK now?
Wed 05/06/02 at 22:02
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
On the other hand, I'm as utterly out of depth as you were.
Wed 05/06/02 at 23:11
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
doc, you what????? lol

Can someone sum this up using 'English' please???
Thu 06/06/02 at 00:23
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Heh, luke knows all that.

Gdkxft is really amazingly cool. Follow the instructions, and it rocks. You lose some fonts though, anything that isn't TrueType. Which leads me on to...

I need Helvetica in TrueType. Anyone got it? Juts look in c:\windows\fonts\ , cheers.
Thu 06/06/02 at 00:25
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Sorry, I haven't got it.
Thu 06/06/02 at 00:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Gah, OK, cheers.
Thu 06/06/02 at 20:07
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Only one I could find on a trawl round was on this page:

http://www.pca.ne.jp/fff/newfont/search.cgi ?start=120&group=New-H

As usual, remove the space in the url, which I had to add to avoid words over 60 chars.
Thu 06/06/02 at 21:20
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
S'ok, I've cunningly aliased it to Arial instead (much nicer font). Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.