GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Super Smash Bros hints, tips, and a general helping thingy(dont read if u wanna do it all on yer own)"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/06/02 at 11:44
Regular
i'v decided to help people with SSBM with what i see to be problomatic areas(i think my spellin is a problem, did i do it right?)

Event match 50: this one has both master hands, the normal right hand, and the crazy left hand. i'v found that two characters are almost perfect for this level, and they are yoshi and pikachu. i'v completed it with yoshi, and came very close with pikachu. use pika's thunder move under the hands, about the middle of it, so it hits all fingers and the thumb, as this does most damage. keep doing this, while using quick attack to avoid attacks form the hands.
using yoshi, use his 'A+down' move, and basically keep doing it. if the hands use the finger lasers or drop bombs, use egg throw to hit them.
dont expect to do this level in a few goes,it took me ages and ages, over an hour to work aou the right strategy.

event match 51: this has mewtwo, giga bowser and ganondorf. its a good idea to use falco on this level and constantly use fire bird(B+up), and aim it downwards while you are in the air, so you hit giga bowser. concentrate your attacks on him, because he is the biggest threat, it is possible for the enemies to kill themselves, and if they do, u r very lucky. u should obviously attack mewtwo and ganondorf as well to keep them from attacking you, but concentrate mainly on bowser. if you dont know falco very well, then have a few goes in training to get good, because you'll need his fighting moves to take out ganondorf and mewtwo after bowser.

homerun contest: use yoshi or dr mario if u want to quickly get over 400m to get yoshi's island N64 level. with yoshi pick up the bat straight away, then use 'A+down' on the bag constantly, then hit it when the timer is about to stop, making sure you hit the bag with the very end of the bat for increased distance.
with dr mario, get the bat at the start like with yoshi, then run right up to the bag, and use (Tap forward+B) to use the cape. do this 4 times(dont worry, u WILL hit the bag, even though it looks like you wont.) then use 2 megavitamins(B) and run up to the bag again, and keep pressing (B+right) for the cape, until the bag is on the very edge of the platform. you may have to move forward slightly during the last cape onslaught. then you should be about the right distance to hit the bag with the end of the bat, so do it.
remember, you dont need the time on the clock to wind up your swing, just to initially press (tap forward and A), so dont worry about the clock.

if you have got 289 trophies, and cant get the last one, its probably because its the captain olimar trophy, which you need a pikmin save file on your memory card to get. i dont know if pikmin is out yet, but if you want this trophy, you are gonna need to buy it, or at least rent it(pretty sneaky way of getting you to do that isn't it!)

people have been having trouble with captain falcons event match, where you have to run along the F-zero track at high speeds. to do this, leg it until you go down a big step, and wait about 3 metres from the wall. the moment the last car leaves, leg it again, and jump onto and over one platform, and onto the next one. immediately duck to avoid the cars. now just run and jump onto platforms until you get to the end, just dont stop, even if the car alert sign comes up.

to complete 100 man melee, or any of the multi man melee levels, use donkey kong, and stand underneith one of the two bottom platforms, and use (B+down) to do hand slap. you are in the right position if you can KO the wireframe person who appears on the bottom of the level as soon as it appears. keep doing this, just keep pressing 'B', you can let go of 'down' once you start. the wireframes slowly push you towards the edge as they jump through the platforms, so you'll have to sometimes move back to the best position. if an item appears, the wireframes wont normally pick them up, so dont worry about that factor, but if there is a bob-omb, then go to the other side of the arena to avoid any possible blast radius. if a crate or capsule appears on the bottom of the arena, dont touch it. i was at the last minute of 15 minute melee and broke one, and it blew up in my face, and KO'd me, which left me quite annoyed to say the least.

ok, i'm fed up of hints, now for funny stuff:

the instuction manual gives you the idea for super giant melee, where you use giant melee mode, and only mushrooms. do this with mario, and when you get a mushroom, press up on the D-pad to do his fighter stance. super super giant mario. if you do this with poison mushrooms on as well, then you can have small mario, next to super super giant mario, pretty funny

a bit like the above thing, but with tiny melee and only poison mushrooms. really really tiny characters!!

pichu has two fighter stances, one for facing left, and one for facing right.

ok, now this is very good, so if you dont want to read the entire post, at least read this....
you know how kirby gets mr game and watches frying pan when he takes his power? well go to termina-great bay level in vs mode, and make you as kirby and some other guy as game and watch(or a cpu, but they get in the way)
stand on top of tingle's baloon and use the frying pan. if the glitch works, when you fall from poping the balloon, you should still be holding the frying pan as if it was an item, but you cant throw it away, and it doesn't interfere with any fighting. if you lose your game and watch power or get knocked off the top of the screen, then you should keep the frying pan as normal, pink(or red, or blue, or white etc) kirby.

if you want to get rid of the pan, then go off the bottom or side of the screen, and you should lose it.

now, this doesn't always work, but i assure you this is a true glitch, and i can send you a photo of it if you want, my email is [email protected]

if anyone wants anymore help with SSBM then email me, or post here and i'll respond as fast as i can.
Tue 04/06/02 at 11:44
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
i'v decided to help people with SSBM with what i see to be problomatic areas(i think my spellin is a problem, did i do it right?)

Event match 50: this one has both master hands, the normal right hand, and the crazy left hand. i'v found that two characters are almost perfect for this level, and they are yoshi and pikachu. i'v completed it with yoshi, and came very close with pikachu. use pika's thunder move under the hands, about the middle of it, so it hits all fingers and the thumb, as this does most damage. keep doing this, while using quick attack to avoid attacks form the hands.
using yoshi, use his 'A+down' move, and basically keep doing it. if the hands use the finger lasers or drop bombs, use egg throw to hit them.
dont expect to do this level in a few goes,it took me ages and ages, over an hour to work aou the right strategy.

event match 51: this has mewtwo, giga bowser and ganondorf. its a good idea to use falco on this level and constantly use fire bird(B+up), and aim it downwards while you are in the air, so you hit giga bowser. concentrate your attacks on him, because he is the biggest threat, it is possible for the enemies to kill themselves, and if they do, u r very lucky. u should obviously attack mewtwo and ganondorf as well to keep them from attacking you, but concentrate mainly on bowser. if you dont know falco very well, then have a few goes in training to get good, because you'll need his fighting moves to take out ganondorf and mewtwo after bowser.

homerun contest: use yoshi or dr mario if u want to quickly get over 400m to get yoshi's island N64 level. with yoshi pick up the bat straight away, then use 'A+down' on the bag constantly, then hit it when the timer is about to stop, making sure you hit the bag with the very end of the bat for increased distance.
with dr mario, get the bat at the start like with yoshi, then run right up to the bag, and use (Tap forward+B) to use the cape. do this 4 times(dont worry, u WILL hit the bag, even though it looks like you wont.) then use 2 megavitamins(B) and run up to the bag again, and keep pressing (B+right) for the cape, until the bag is on the very edge of the platform. you may have to move forward slightly during the last cape onslaught. then you should be about the right distance to hit the bag with the end of the bat, so do it.
remember, you dont need the time on the clock to wind up your swing, just to initially press (tap forward and A), so dont worry about the clock.

if you have got 289 trophies, and cant get the last one, its probably because its the captain olimar trophy, which you need a pikmin save file on your memory card to get. i dont know if pikmin is out yet, but if you want this trophy, you are gonna need to buy it, or at least rent it(pretty sneaky way of getting you to do that isn't it!)

people have been having trouble with captain falcons event match, where you have to run along the F-zero track at high speeds. to do this, leg it until you go down a big step, and wait about 3 metres from the wall. the moment the last car leaves, leg it again, and jump onto and over one platform, and onto the next one. immediately duck to avoid the cars. now just run and jump onto platforms until you get to the end, just dont stop, even if the car alert sign comes up.

to complete 100 man melee, or any of the multi man melee levels, use donkey kong, and stand underneith one of the two bottom platforms, and use (B+down) to do hand slap. you are in the right position if you can KO the wireframe person who appears on the bottom of the level as soon as it appears. keep doing this, just keep pressing 'B', you can let go of 'down' once you start. the wireframes slowly push you towards the edge as they jump through the platforms, so you'll have to sometimes move back to the best position. if an item appears, the wireframes wont normally pick them up, so dont worry about that factor, but if there is a bob-omb, then go to the other side of the arena to avoid any possible blast radius. if a crate or capsule appears on the bottom of the arena, dont touch it. i was at the last minute of 15 minute melee and broke one, and it blew up in my face, and KO'd me, which left me quite annoyed to say the least.

ok, i'm fed up of hints, now for funny stuff:

the instuction manual gives you the idea for super giant melee, where you use giant melee mode, and only mushrooms. do this with mario, and when you get a mushroom, press up on the D-pad to do his fighter stance. super super giant mario. if you do this with poison mushrooms on as well, then you can have small mario, next to super super giant mario, pretty funny

a bit like the above thing, but with tiny melee and only poison mushrooms. really really tiny characters!!

pichu has two fighter stances, one for facing left, and one for facing right.

ok, now this is very good, so if you dont want to read the entire post, at least read this....
you know how kirby gets mr game and watches frying pan when he takes his power? well go to termina-great bay level in vs mode, and make you as kirby and some other guy as game and watch(or a cpu, but they get in the way)
stand on top of tingle's baloon and use the frying pan. if the glitch works, when you fall from poping the balloon, you should still be holding the frying pan as if it was an item, but you cant throw it away, and it doesn't interfere with any fighting. if you lose your game and watch power or get knocked off the top of the screen, then you should keep the frying pan as normal, pink(or red, or blue, or white etc) kirby.

if you want to get rid of the pan, then go off the bottom or side of the screen, and you should lose it.

now, this doesn't always work, but i assure you this is a true glitch, and i can send you a photo of it if you want, my email is [email protected]

if anyone wants anymore help with SSBM then email me, or post here and i'll respond as fast as i can.
Tue 04/06/02 at 12:18
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Your not going to believe this... I just got 399.99!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to cry :(
Tue 04/06/02 at 12:20
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
*Runs in the room shouting with joy*

I did it, I did it, just after I posted that message the next go I took got me 407.2m :) :) !! I'm so happpy

*Runs off to tell more people :)*
Tue 04/06/02 at 15:32
Regular
On young Links break the targets how do you get out of that hole at the begining that looks like this (without the dots)

|.|
|.|
|.|
\./
Tue 04/06/02 at 15:33
Regular
Thanks for the hints.

the hole should of turned out like this

|..|
|..|
|..|
|..|
|__|
Tue 04/06/02 at 15:34
Regular
DO'H wrong again, I think you should eg tthe idea though, it's where ypung Links starts.
Tue 04/06/02 at 16:06
Regular
"¬_¬"
I worked out that Donkey Kong one about an hour ago, and had just come on to post the technique. Its great, I've done 15 minute melee with it. Guess you beat me to posting it :)

Oh, and just a note to everybody - these hints aren't copied from any cheat site because I haven't seen them when I've been looking for hints.
Tue 04/06/02 at 19:59
Regular
Donkey Kong pounding the ground send weaklings rocketing (just like in the N64 version - you could set damage to %200 and watch Pikachu's go up like fireworks) but if you want to play as other characters:

Falcon/Gannondorf - left/right+B
Pikachu - down+B (but not under a platform)
Samus - down+A (not even a Smash Attack. Surprisingly effective move!)
Link - up+B

There's some others if you can be bothered to experiment.

You talk about 51 events but I've only got 30.
Where can I find the other 21?
Tue 04/06/02 at 20:27
Regular
Does anyone know how to get out of Young Link's Tree Hole on Break the Targets.
Tue 04/06/02 at 20:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Joe Dark wrote:
> On young Links break the targets how do you get out of that hole at
> the begining that looks like this (without the dots)
>
> |.|
> |.|
> |.|
> \./

Do wall jumps, do a double jump right next to one of the walls then tap the stick in the opposite direction, some people say you have to press jump at the same time, but you dont have to. Then wall jump all the way out to the top. I done a twirling sword slash (up+B) near the top, just to control trajectory.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.