GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big Brother console version"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/06/02 at 23:45
Regular
The program will run over 4 nights 3 days and will see the Xbox, PS2 and GameCube share a house in Central America. The house will be well protected and surveillance was used day and night to make sure that no other consoles try to sneak into the house. There will be 300 cameras placed around the house covering every room available. Hideo Kojima and Bill Gates will be cross sectioning the console and assessing the psychology which will be employed by the consoles whilst in the house for the 3 days. The consoles will enter the house one by one with just one suitcase full of peripherals. On the 2nd day one console will be voted out of the house and the final will take place on the 3rd day where the ultimate decision will be made. The dairy room will contain a rechargeable floor and Solid Snake will act as Big Brother along with Mario. The consoles do not know which of the other consoles on the market will be entering the house so and they are unaware which will be entering and when. I told the consoles before they entered the Big Brother console rules and they understand what they are allowed and not allowed to do. The winner will receive $5 billion for marketing and gaming research so everything was to play for.

Night of Entry:

9:30pm

The PS2 is the first to enter the Big Brother house; it seemed pleasantly surprised at the number of plug sockets available in the house and looked very happy on entry, only time will tell. The second console to enter the Big Brother house was the GameCube, when the PS2 saw the GameCube it immediately turned away in disgust, with already 2 sockets taken for the PS2 it had already showed the other consoles entering that this was more than a game show. Straight away the GameCube started annoying the PS2 and insulted it on entry by calling it 'a tall and weedy console’: clearly the PS2 was not impressed by this and took an instant offence to the GameCube. Finally the Xbox entered the Big Brother house to the surprise of both consoles it could not fit through the door and it needed a push from the security guards which were positioned outside the house. The Xbox did eventually make it into the house but struggled to find a seat anywhere due to the sheer size of it. The PS2 "immediately turned defensive and was trying to make up for its loss in power" according to Bill Gates one of 2 psychologists, after the insult from the GameCube on the PS2 the Xbox knew that it was the next to be insulted. However, this was not the case and both the Cube and the PS2 tried to get to know the Xbox better. After a long and power draining day the consoles resided to their pods for the night so that they would be charged up for the next day. The consoles went to their pods at 12:37am.

Day 1:

All three consoles slept in until 11:17am, the Cube was the first out of bed and the first to unpack all of it peripherals, the first out of the bag was the memory card which went into one of its too slots to store the memory for the day. The second up was the Xbox, it only had a small bag of peripherals as it held most of them in its huge base, it had only brought a DVD playback kit into the house but it was quick to show off to the Cube what it was like to hold a DVD player! Finally the PS2 got out its pod to unpack a huge bag of peripherals and to the GameCubes surprise it also had the ability to play DVD's, clearly this was a weakness for the console although it could be made up in other areas. For the majority of the afternoon the PS2 and the Cube tried to impress the Xbox with the games that they could play, but the Xbox was not impressed and went onto the defensive side against both consoles. The Xbox came into the dairy room after this to remove some data from its Hard Drive; Solid Snake in exchange for the data gave the Xbox a copy of Gun Valkyrie which was sure to impress the other consoles. Towards the end of the night the GameCube had a giant console war with the PS2, the Xbox stayed well out of as it had only been on the market a few weeks and didn't want to start putting others down when it was a newbie to the consoles market. Hideo Kojima praised the Xbox for doing so and in return released his release date for Metal Gear Solid Substance for the console. The consoles returned to their pods at 11:56pm for a good nights recharging.

Day 2:

Today one of the consoles would be voted out of the Big Brother gaming house, bets were on the GameCube to be voted out but in the world of Big Brother Gaming anything could happen. The Xbox was the first console to rise from its pod at 12:21pm, the console tried Gun Valkyrie for the first time and was very impressed, although it found that it stretched its capabilities it didn't think that any other console in the house could handle the true power that the game required, in Big Brothers opinion he was right. The GameCube was the next out of the pod to try its new game Super Smash Brothers, the Xbox watched on and was pleasantly surprised, the game was a fun alternative to Gun Valkyrie and it was easy to pick up and play. The 2 consoles started to converse with each other and they really liked the alternative company. The lazy PS2 didn't get up until 2:17pm and it had no games on show for the other consoles in the house, the Cube found this an insult to be sharing the same market as a console that could not handle 21st century gaming, as with last time the Xbox stayed well out of the argument. By far the most experienced console in the house the PS2 showed off games that had previously appeared on the console, both the Cube and the Xbox were very impressed with an array of great titles and some that will go down as changing the way we game forever. With all three consoles showing what they could and have done it was very difficult to predict the out come of the eviction. At 8:30pm Max Payne announced the decision of who would be in the final tomorrow. "With 21% of the votes... the GameCube. With 34% of the votes... the Xbox! The first console to leave the Big Brother gaming house will be... The PS2 with 45% of the votes ". The PS2 took the decision very badly and stormed out of the house 46 minutes before it was due to leave, the "pressure was really showing" according to Mario when asked about the PS2's handle of rejection. After this the Xbox was so shocked that it told the GameCube that its power was depleted too much and would have to go back to the pod to recharge. The consoles went to their pods at 10:11 pm.

Day 3:

Today was the big one! On offer there was a $5 billion purse on offer and it was very hard to predict which console would capture the hearts of the other consoles in the world. The consoles were up nice and early at 9:38am. The GameCube started to pack up all of its peripherals into the bag they came in. The Xbox was more of an "all in one console" according to Bill Gates and it only had to pack up the DVD playback kit which it brought into the house in a small bag. The consoles had a chat in the afternoon as there wasn't much else to do around the house. Both consoles had made a huge impact onto the general console public and I for one would not like to pick a winner out of these 2 great consoles. With great release calendars for both consoles winning was not all that important as they both had something very big to fall back on when they left the house. With both the consoles aiming their games at different ages the general console public will have a very tough decision on their hands. At 9:00pm Max Payne announced the final results. "The bight was gloomy and the snow was falling out of the sky like bullets, I had a decision to announce and nothing would get in my way. Good evening Big Brother Gaming house, the votes have been counted and we have a winner. The winner of Big Brother Gaming House 2002 will be... The Xbox!" The GameCube took the result very well; the Xbox won by 11% of the votes and proved to be the most popular console in the house. With already $2 billion invested for this year and next the extra $5 billion would help to promote the console world wide. I would like to thank you personally for participating in Big Brother gaming 2002 and I will hope to see you next year!
Mon 03/06/02 at 23:45
Regular
The program will run over 4 nights 3 days and will see the Xbox, PS2 and GameCube share a house in Central America. The house will be well protected and surveillance was used day and night to make sure that no other consoles try to sneak into the house. There will be 300 cameras placed around the house covering every room available. Hideo Kojima and Bill Gates will be cross sectioning the console and assessing the psychology which will be employed by the consoles whilst in the house for the 3 days. The consoles will enter the house one by one with just one suitcase full of peripherals. On the 2nd day one console will be voted out of the house and the final will take place on the 3rd day where the ultimate decision will be made. The dairy room will contain a rechargeable floor and Solid Snake will act as Big Brother along with Mario. The consoles do not know which of the other consoles on the market will be entering the house so and they are unaware which will be entering and when. I told the consoles before they entered the Big Brother console rules and they understand what they are allowed and not allowed to do. The winner will receive $5 billion for marketing and gaming research so everything was to play for.

Night of Entry:

9:30pm

The PS2 is the first to enter the Big Brother house; it seemed pleasantly surprised at the number of plug sockets available in the house and looked very happy on entry, only time will tell. The second console to enter the Big Brother house was the GameCube, when the PS2 saw the GameCube it immediately turned away in disgust, with already 2 sockets taken for the PS2 it had already showed the other consoles entering that this was more than a game show. Straight away the GameCube started annoying the PS2 and insulted it on entry by calling it 'a tall and weedy console’: clearly the PS2 was not impressed by this and took an instant offence to the GameCube. Finally the Xbox entered the Big Brother house to the surprise of both consoles it could not fit through the door and it needed a push from the security guards which were positioned outside the house. The Xbox did eventually make it into the house but struggled to find a seat anywhere due to the sheer size of it. The PS2 "immediately turned defensive and was trying to make up for its loss in power" according to Bill Gates one of 2 psychologists, after the insult from the GameCube on the PS2 the Xbox knew that it was the next to be insulted. However, this was not the case and both the Cube and the PS2 tried to get to know the Xbox better. After a long and power draining day the consoles resided to their pods for the night so that they would be charged up for the next day. The consoles went to their pods at 12:37am.

Day 1:

All three consoles slept in until 11:17am, the Cube was the first out of bed and the first to unpack all of it peripherals, the first out of the bag was the memory card which went into one of its too slots to store the memory for the day. The second up was the Xbox, it only had a small bag of peripherals as it held most of them in its huge base, it had only brought a DVD playback kit into the house but it was quick to show off to the Cube what it was like to hold a DVD player! Finally the PS2 got out its pod to unpack a huge bag of peripherals and to the GameCubes surprise it also had the ability to play DVD's, clearly this was a weakness for the console although it could be made up in other areas. For the majority of the afternoon the PS2 and the Cube tried to impress the Xbox with the games that they could play, but the Xbox was not impressed and went onto the defensive side against both consoles. The Xbox came into the dairy room after this to remove some data from its Hard Drive; Solid Snake in exchange for the data gave the Xbox a copy of Gun Valkyrie which was sure to impress the other consoles. Towards the end of the night the GameCube had a giant console war with the PS2, the Xbox stayed well out of as it had only been on the market a few weeks and didn't want to start putting others down when it was a newbie to the consoles market. Hideo Kojima praised the Xbox for doing so and in return released his release date for Metal Gear Solid Substance for the console. The consoles returned to their pods at 11:56pm for a good nights recharging.

Day 2:

Today one of the consoles would be voted out of the Big Brother gaming house, bets were on the GameCube to be voted out but in the world of Big Brother Gaming anything could happen. The Xbox was the first console to rise from its pod at 12:21pm, the console tried Gun Valkyrie for the first time and was very impressed, although it found that it stretched its capabilities it didn't think that any other console in the house could handle the true power that the game required, in Big Brothers opinion he was right. The GameCube was the next out of the pod to try its new game Super Smash Brothers, the Xbox watched on and was pleasantly surprised, the game was a fun alternative to Gun Valkyrie and it was easy to pick up and play. The 2 consoles started to converse with each other and they really liked the alternative company. The lazy PS2 didn't get up until 2:17pm and it had no games on show for the other consoles in the house, the Cube found this an insult to be sharing the same market as a console that could not handle 21st century gaming, as with last time the Xbox stayed well out of the argument. By far the most experienced console in the house the PS2 showed off games that had previously appeared on the console, both the Cube and the Xbox were very impressed with an array of great titles and some that will go down as changing the way we game forever. With all three consoles showing what they could and have done it was very difficult to predict the out come of the eviction. At 8:30pm Max Payne announced the decision of who would be in the final tomorrow. "With 21% of the votes... the GameCube. With 34% of the votes... the Xbox! The first console to leave the Big Brother gaming house will be... The PS2 with 45% of the votes ". The PS2 took the decision very badly and stormed out of the house 46 minutes before it was due to leave, the "pressure was really showing" according to Mario when asked about the PS2's handle of rejection. After this the Xbox was so shocked that it told the GameCube that its power was depleted too much and would have to go back to the pod to recharge. The consoles went to their pods at 10:11 pm.

Day 3:

Today was the big one! On offer there was a $5 billion purse on offer and it was very hard to predict which console would capture the hearts of the other consoles in the world. The consoles were up nice and early at 9:38am. The GameCube started to pack up all of its peripherals into the bag they came in. The Xbox was more of an "all in one console" according to Bill Gates and it only had to pack up the DVD playback kit which it brought into the house in a small bag. The consoles had a chat in the afternoon as there wasn't much else to do around the house. Both consoles had made a huge impact onto the general console public and I for one would not like to pick a winner out of these 2 great consoles. With great release calendars for both consoles winning was not all that important as they both had something very big to fall back on when they left the house. With both the consoles aiming their games at different ages the general console public will have a very tough decision on their hands. At 9:00pm Max Payne announced the final results. "The bight was gloomy and the snow was falling out of the sky like bullets, I had a decision to announce and nothing would get in my way. Good evening Big Brother Gaming house, the votes have been counted and we have a winner. The winner of Big Brother Gaming House 2002 will be... The Xbox!" The GameCube took the result very well; the Xbox won by 11% of the votes and proved to be the most popular console in the house. With already $2 billion invested for this year and next the extra $5 billion would help to promote the console world wide. I would like to thank you personally for participating in Big Brother gaming 2002 and I will hope to see you next year!
Tue 04/06/02 at 13:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Funny post mate. ;-) Worthy winner too. ;-))
Tue 04/06/02 at 13:26
Regular
Cheers Savatt!
Tue 04/06/02 at 15:39
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Excellent a good and amusing read. Can you win a gad for it if it is posted in here. Go and post it in fog chat.
Tue 04/06/02 at 17:52
Regular
Tar Fosbe, I don't know, can I win with a post from here?
Tue 04/06/02 at 19:25
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I'll post somthing in yours if you post somthing in mine.

mines online gaming pros and cons
Tue 04/06/02 at 19:53
Regular
Ye sure, i'll go find it now.
Tue 04/06/02 at 20:02
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Cheers, i just hate it when i write somthing half decent and know one writes any thing back and when i write somthing cr'p everybody writes back with thier views.
Tue 04/06/02 at 20:09
Regular
Which forum is it in and what is the title of the post?

I know what you mean about no-one replying, it is one of the most annoying things when you spend time posting and then no body bothers.
Tue 04/06/02 at 20:12
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Online gaming pros and cons in fog chat. Right a decent comment so ti makes me look like a decent poster. Cheers!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.