GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Emile Heskey"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/06/02 at 23:11
Regular
I know what your thinking. Not another rant from someone about Emile Heskey but he is actually starting to look a bit better. He is very fortunate to be in the england squad but i think it stupid and unfair on him to play him in left midfield which is a role he clearly is not suited to. Sven has obviously realised that vassell and owen are where the goals will come from but seems to be reluctant to let go of him. Not only does this make heskey look worse but also disadvantages players such as Trevor sinclair who have played in this role all season and are clearly better candidates for the job. We lacked Width today with beckham still recovering and heskey really not using his pace and power. We need a proper midfielder who is not afraid to run with the ball or whip in a cross. At least Heskey is committed and defensively he was surprisingly good. This match overall did more to impress me about his skill but i would rather see a regular club midfielder taking the role.

Apart from the mistake i thought mills had an excellent game, he battled bravely and gave some excellent support. Ashley Cole was good to. Definitely a good day for the backs.
Mon 03/06/02 at 00:38
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I odn't care if Heskey is playing out of position, he still does not perform as a left winger, so shouldn't be there.

Personally, I'd have played Macmanaman on the left... or Dyer perhaps, with Macmanaman in the middle with Scholes.

Anyone except Heskey would be good...
Mon 03/06/02 at 00:03
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
It just shows how good a manager he is, Aston Villa must be kicking themselves that they didn't keep hold of Gregory.
Sun 02/06/02 at 23:59
Regular
"Bobba you"
Shepps wrote:
> Graham Taylor you turnip headed goon

Yeah well said he made Leciester get religated sun off a ....
Sun 02/06/02 at 23:34
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
I blame Graham Taylor. Why ?? Because from what i've heard, Ryan Giggs asked Graham Taylor if he would ever be good enough for England and Taylor said something along the lines of "Not while i'm manager". So when the call came from Wales, Giggs accepted. This could have saved this problem for years.

Graham Taylor you turnip headed goon
Sun 02/06/02 at 23:34
Regular
"Bobba you"
I have always liked him but he shouldent be playing in that postion Fowler should as John said.
Sun 02/06/02 at 23:28
Regular
i'm starting to like him, but his strike rate is unnacetptable upfront. And acceptable is a good word for his midfield......we need class.
Sun 02/06/02 at 23:23
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
I don't remember what game it was but Heskey played on the left and was brilliant. He is a good player but just does not usualy come up with his share of goals that you need from a striker.

I know it is a long shot, but if your reading Sven, PLAY FOWLER
Sun 02/06/02 at 23:14
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
For once i agree, Heskey had a solid performance. It is a bit unfair of us to constantly critisize him when he's playing in a position thats not natural for him. I think he improved alot when he went up front, but for the time being, he's a perfectly acceptable left winger.
Sun 02/06/02 at 23:11
Regular
I know what your thinking. Not another rant from someone about Emile Heskey but he is actually starting to look a bit better. He is very fortunate to be in the england squad but i think it stupid and unfair on him to play him in left midfield which is a role he clearly is not suited to. Sven has obviously realised that vassell and owen are where the goals will come from but seems to be reluctant to let go of him. Not only does this make heskey look worse but also disadvantages players such as Trevor sinclair who have played in this role all season and are clearly better candidates for the job. We lacked Width today with beckham still recovering and heskey really not using his pace and power. We need a proper midfielder who is not afraid to run with the ball or whip in a cross. At least Heskey is committed and defensively he was surprisingly good. This match overall did more to impress me about his skill but i would rather see a regular club midfielder taking the role.

Apart from the mistake i thought mills had an excellent game, he battled bravely and gave some excellent support. Ashley Cole was good to. Definitely a good day for the backs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.