GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone have frontpage express"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/06/02 at 19:41
Regular
does anyone have frontpage express if so can i have some help
Sun 09/06/02 at 13:01
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
thanks but at the moment its not lettin me do anything so i'll have to wait
Sun 09/06/02 at 12:33
Alexj17 wrote:
> i am using frontpage express to make my site so using visual basic is
> the only thing left i can think of to put a web counter on my site

no its not, just go to http://hitometer.netscape.com and get a free hit counter from there - they give you the code and tell u exactly how to put it into your pages - no messing about in VB or any other script...
Sun 09/06/02 at 11:27
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
Nimco wrote:
> Alexj17 wrote:
> is it possible to create a web counter using visual basic
>
> more importantly, y would you want to?

i am using frontpage express to make my site so using visual basic is the only thing left i can think of to put a web counter on my site
Sat 08/06/02 at 22:13
AndyJames28 wrote:
> hey stupid maybe he wants to know how many hits his site has had since
> he put it on, hell you are soft in the head
>
>
> peace out
> AJ

???? i dunno who ur calling stupid! there are much easier ways to do a hit counter than with Visual Basic!!!

y bother using an exe, when u can use a simple server-side script.... using one of these u can do a simple hit counter in about 10 lines of code, and there is even one provided for free on this web site!!

an application will put more demand on the server and is a pointless use of a more powerful back-end processing tool!

and, before you go around insulting people, you might want to take a look at the other posts they have made! about a week ago i had a post running asking someone for help with my traffic analyzer, which is a hell of a lot more advanced than just a hit counter which counts page hits - it does page hits, page views, user environment logging, referring hosts/domains, country of origin etc etc. i have also debugged numerous scripts on this forum, so dont start insulting ppl b4 you have some evidence/talent of your own to show...
Sat 08/06/02 at 20:32
hey stupid maybe he wants to know how many hits his site has had since he put it on, hell you are soft in the head

peace out
AJ
Sat 08/06/02 at 16:21
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Maybe he's a dab hand at VB :o).
Sat 08/06/02 at 15:40
Alexj17 wrote:
> is it possible to create a web counter using visual basic

more importantly, y would you want to?
Sat 08/06/02 at 15:10
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
It might be, it depends. i'm not sure if Freeola suppoer it, but I think you can use Visual Basic as a CGI application.

Making it a .exe file and putting it in a cgi-bin. But I don't know if Freeola or your host would support this.
Fri 07/06/02 at 21:19
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
is it possible to create a web counter using visual basic
Thu 06/06/02 at 00:18
click 'Reply Quoting This Message' on the message u wish to add > to

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.