GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"england team ratings"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/06/02 at 13:13
Regular
These are the England players ratings as to what i saw

David Seaman- What Seaman did he did well including two very good stopping two good chances. Was unsighted for the goal and probably would have saved it if he had seen it. -7

Danny Mills- Was lucky that in the first half he and Beckham could double up on Lucic, when he got a crossing oppurtunity he would overhit them or knock them out of play, Clearances gained no distance and was at fault for Swedens goal. -5

Rio Ferdinand- Played very well for most of the game and dealt with most balls. Committed a foul on the edge of the area but was lucky the ref could not see. He was still clearing balls until the final whistle. -7

Sol Campbell- Shaky for first 20 minutes until he scored from the corner which was reminiscent of his goal against Argentina. Put in lots of ball winning tackles but failed to close down players nearer the end. -7

Ashley Cole- Was one of Englands most creative players when he got forward but didn't look to commanding at the back. Miss kicked the ball at the end leaving Larsson with a clear chance. -6

David Beckham- Played well in first half on the right when he could double up with Mills but didn't seem to be doing much later on in the game and was substituted through lack of fitness. -6

Owen Hargreaves- Not much was seen of him during the match but was there to be passed to when needed. Got tired nearer the end of the match failed to get up and down the pitch. -6

Paul Scholes- Worked tirelessly for Englands cause during the whole match. Played one dodgy pass backwards but other than that looked very assured in the centre. Did not get any shooting chances created for other players. -8

Emile heskey- Looked weak and innefective on the left and his quality of crosses was poor. Moved up front after Vassell's departure and had a good header late on that went wide. -6

Michael Owen- Was one of Englands worst players on the day. Tried running with the ball numerous times only to be disposed of it and failed to realise the ability of Vassell when he was on the ball. Had a close shot which hit the side netting but did little else. Became Captain after Beckham departed. -6

Darius Vassell- Engalnds shining light in a bad performance. Won many free-kicks and showed his skill as he held the ball up and dribbled inside and outside of defenders. Was taken off after 70 minutes presumably down to tiredness -9 Man of the match

Joe Cole -6
Kieran Dyer -6

England were outplayed and things do not look good for the Argentina game.
Sun 02/06/02 at 23:31
Regular
i think the top 4 performers for england were:

scholes
vassell
mills
a cole

mills was very good until the mistake and recovered well afterwards. Cole was creative and pacey
Sun 02/06/02 at 22:56
Regular
"Bobba you"
It was ment ot be

Sol Campbell - 9 Got the wining goal played ok.
Sun 02/06/02 at 22:55
Regular
"Bobba you"
Here's my veiws

David Seaman - 10 Am I allowed 10 any who I dont care he played very well.
Danny Mills - 4 He was ok in the start but set the goal up son off a ....
Rio Ferdinand - 7 Played well made some good clearences(sp)
Sol Campbell - 9 Got the winin
Ashley Cole - 6 He played pretty good first half, but lost it abit in the second
David Beckham - 5 Not very impresive at all but i'm sure he will play well next game.
Owen Hargreaves - 5 Wasent rea;lly a very important person in the match.
Paul Scholes - 5 SAme as Hargreaves.
Emile heskey - 5 For some reason I thought he played good but now after seein the higlights I dont think he did much really.
Michael Owen - 5 Very disappointing he dident do jack!
Darius Vassell - 8 Played pretty well but then he let it go.
Joe Cole - 6 Nothing to say.
Kieran Dyer - 4 Dident do anything hwne he came on!
Sun 02/06/02 at 22:42
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
I'll give him a 1 when he earns a 1. I think that 0.5 from me was generous actually
Sun 02/06/02 at 22:40
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
HA HA HA HA HA, You could of at least given him 1
Sun 02/06/02 at 22:28
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
John Arne Riise wrote:
> How can you give someone 0.5?

Well, first i pressed the "0" key followed by the "." key and finally the "5" key.

Why did i give him 0.5 ?? Because he did nothing all game, he was by far our worst player. If i'd watched the game without knowing the team, i wouldn't have known he was playing
Sun 02/06/02 at 22:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
England - 2

:D
Sun 02/06/02 at 22:25
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
How can you give someone 0.5?
Sun 02/06/02 at 22:23
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
David Seaman - 8
Danny Mills - 7
Rio Ferdinand - 7
Sol Campbell - 7
Ashley Cole - 8
David Beckham - 6
Owen Hargreaves - 6
Paul Scholes - 6
Emile heskey - 6
Michael Owen - 0.5
Darius Vassell - 9
Joe Cole - 6
Kieran Dyer - 4
Sun 02/06/02 at 20:16
Regular
These are the England players ratings as to what i saw:

David Seaman- Made a string of important saves towards the end which kept us in the game, unsighted for the goal, and swerved, possible candidate for man of the match. 7

Danny Mills- Neat interplay in the first half with Beckham produced some promising moments but ultimately in the last third he did'nt create as much as i thought he could from good positions. Not so prominent in getting forward in the second half. at fault for the goal, but showed some neat moments. 6

Rio Ferdinand- Worked tirelessly at the back. Steady as a rock, always looked at ease but perhaps instead of just simply hoofing it up field, could have built from the back? enduring image of celebrations from the goal. another candidate for man of the match. 7

Sol Campbell- Did'nt feature as much as Ferdinand, did clear from a couple of awkward situations. Good strong header for the goal, the pair of centre backs made little mistakes and looked solid. 6

Ashley Cole- drifted in and out of the match, struggled at the back making a notable mistake that almost cost us the match at the death. Looked stronger going forward and i would play him on left wing and put Bridge in his position. 6

David Beckham- Neat interplay with Mills. For a man who has'nt played for 8 weeks he did a good job. Substituted just after the hour through fatique and not injury (thankgod). 6

Owen Hargreaves- Seemed to be working on his own in the midfield, always held the ball up well, only lost it a couple of times. Did his job but looked far too tired for my liking at the end. 7

Paul Scholes- Looked comfortable in the centre, made countless runs and not many passes went astray. perhaps not a great balance with him and hargreaves in the centre. 7

Emile heskey- wasted on the left midfield position, made one decent run but other than that did'nt see him at all. he had plenty of chances to take them on in one on one situations but did'nt take the oppurtunity's. Very dissapointing and looked out of place. 5

Michael Owen- okay so perhaps it was a weak performance by the boy wonder but he was stifled by the swedish defence who coped with him well. Had a close shot from a nothing situation but other than that did'nt shine as he was expected too. 6

Darius Vassell- neat twists and turns produced some exciting moments, never failed to deliver and was repeatedly causing problems. consistant right up to the point where he was wrongly taken off. 8

openers are always the toughest and on reflection a dissapointing performance BUT lets get behind the lads for once eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.