GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to trick your family!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/03/08 at 20:46
Regular
"Why do peole b****"
open notepad

Put in this code x=msgbox("text box",,"Title box")

in text box put down something like deleting files

In title box put in Virus alert or something in that way

Between the ,, put in 1

Then save it as (something).vbs and change the type to all files.

Right click on it and create short cut

Drag short cut to desktop

Right click on short cut and change icon to something less obvious and also rename it to something that would make someone want to click it.

Have fun!

At the end it should look like this or similar to this:-
x=msgbox("Deleting files",1,"Virus alert")
Tue 18/03/08 at 19:47
Regular
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Something that is mildly amusing is to print screen the desktop,
> set that as the background then delete some of the icons.

It is a good one :) you can hide them instead by Right click > Arrange Icons By > (untick) Show Desktop Icons
Tue 18/03/08 at 19:29
"Was the man of marz"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Something that is mildly amusing is to print screen the desktop,
> set that as the background then delete some of the icons.

That does sound like fun. It also had a practical use at school, as the teacher would always run round looking at peoples' taskbar, to see if they where on the internet (and promptly shout at them if they where).

It was also enjoyable under 9x to edit the startup, shutdown screens, with the best being dc8ps' "it is now safe to switch off your brain".
Tue 18/03/08 at 17:59
Regular
Marzman wrote:
> Machie wrote:
> Chaos wrote:
> Then let the images fly? :D
>
> Nope, this one's a new one :)
>
> Isn't it the same, plus you should mention that it needs an open
> web page to work, as it doesn't effect a blank tab.

No the last one did just images, this one does text and maybe one image. Yeah it wont do much on a blank page :)
Tue 18/03/08 at 16:23
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Something that is mildly amusing is to print screen the desktop, set that as the background then delete some of the icons.
Tue 18/03/08 at 16:18
"Was the man of marz"
Machie wrote:
> Chaos wrote:
>
> Nope, this one's a new one :)

Isn't it the same, plus you should mention that it needs an open web page to work, as it doesn't effect a blank tab.

The best one I've seen is the washing machine that spun your entire screen around (and you had to ctrl+alt+del to exit it).

As for playing tricks on your family, around three years ago I got pi$$ed off at my mother whilst she was on the computer, so I pulled the broadband cable out of the modem and was told to leave home.
Thu 13/03/08 at 18:57
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pancake93 wrote:
> Is it possible to get onto one of your families computers, one
> that always annoys you?

Always possible, but I have a better way to totally upset them if required - deny network access etc
Thu 13/03/08 at 16:39
Regular
Chaos wrote:

Nope, this one's a new one :)
Thu 13/03/08 at 11:55
Regular
"Mooching around"
Then let the images fly? :D
Wed 12/03/08 at 23:41
Regular
I prefer my way. Copy and paste this into the browser address box.

javascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.getElementsByTagName("div"); DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+"px"; DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4 +y5)+"px"}R++}setInterval('A()',5); void(0);

(Delete the space between *y4+y5 in last line - sorry Freeola hates big words)
Wed 12/03/08 at 21:48
Regular
"Mooching around"
A better one is to create a new shortcut, and in the pop-up box that comes up type:

shutdown -s -t [insert variable seconds] -c " "

Obviously change the insert to a time you want in seconds.

Call the shortcut "My Computer" or something, go to properties and change the icon as appropriate.

Put it out on the desktop and enjoy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.