GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bargain Hunt"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/06/02 at 23:53
Regular
David Dickinson: Welcome to todays Bargain Hunt! It's time to relax, make a cup of tea, and watch as two teams battle it out to find great items to sell at auction from this here jumble sale in sunny Fishguard. Because we want to encourage more of the younger people to join our audience of housewives and truants, today, we are theming our show on video games.

Todays contestants in the red team are Joan and Phillis from Betws y Coed - Now Joan, that's a long way to travel for the both of you isn't it?

Joan: I do like to travel, see, and I'd do anything to have a cuppa with you!

David Dickinson: So Phillis, you really don't know anything about games? That's going to make today a toughie isn't it?

Phillis: Well what do you expect from a thirty-seven and a forty-two year old? We used to play with a skipping rope when we were youngsters!

David Dickinson: Well Phillis, to make this even harder, we decided to get rid of the antiques advisors, as, they can't really help when it comes to modern technology can they?

Phillis: I'm still trying to figure out how to tune in the radio!

David Dickinson: Well that's the Red team, not lets see who we've got in the Blue team!

Well today's Blue team consists of some young rockstars to try and boost our ratings. Infact, they're so popular, we had to wait an hour for them to get through the crowds as they signed over 100 autographs each! Here they are, it's Michael Ball and Bryn Terfel!

So Michael, do you feel any shame in getting money out of other people's songs?

Michael Ball: Whatever do you mean? Isn't that what we are doing today? Ripping people off then making a fortune?

David Dickinson: Well, that'll be the day when someone makes some money from this show.

Bryn, nice Welsh name, I bet you attract many a girl with that name.

Bryn Terfel: Well it's not my massive belly that atracts them...

David Dickinson: Well teams, here is £200 each, lets see what bargains you can hunt!

Joan: Ooh, that looks nice!

Phillis: What is it?

Joan: A Nest I think it says.

Phillis: Looks like an old breadbin to me How much for the nest?

Stall keeper: £40, with all my games.

Ooh, you get games with it too!

Phillis: I'll give you £20 for it.

Stall keeper: I can't except lower than £40

Phillis: £100?

Stall keeper: But it's only....yeah, £100's fine! If you give me another £100 you get a year's free warranty!

Joan: I don't know, we might find something else - Phillis?

Michael: We've been given £200 to spend on tat, and we'll probably make a loss at auction anyway. So what should we do?

Bryn: Who's for a pint?

David Dickinson: Well for once, one of our teams has had some sense, Bryn and Michael invited me for a drink, but I wouldn't have a beer with them - oh no - I had a cup of tea with a drop of whisky.

The Red team however, have made a complete mess of this show! They bought a Nintendo Entertainment System, with only six games, for £200!

Well it's obvious it's not going to sell for that much at auction, and, quite frankly, I prefer my mahogany and pine cabinet selling.

Phillis and Joan, have you enjoyed your experience?

Phillis and Joan: Yeah, can't wait to see ourselves on TV!

David Dickinson: Well that's good to hear, so now, I will join Bryn and Michael, back at the Fishguard Inn.

Goodbye

Voiceover: Note: Due to the lack of decent content, and celebrities getting slightly more than p!ssed, don't expect to see this special edition of bargain hunt anytime soon.
Sat 01/06/02 at 23:53
Regular
David Dickinson: Welcome to todays Bargain Hunt! It's time to relax, make a cup of tea, and watch as two teams battle it out to find great items to sell at auction from this here jumble sale in sunny Fishguard. Because we want to encourage more of the younger people to join our audience of housewives and truants, today, we are theming our show on video games.

Todays contestants in the red team are Joan and Phillis from Betws y Coed - Now Joan, that's a long way to travel for the both of you isn't it?

Joan: I do like to travel, see, and I'd do anything to have a cuppa with you!

David Dickinson: So Phillis, you really don't know anything about games? That's going to make today a toughie isn't it?

Phillis: Well what do you expect from a thirty-seven and a forty-two year old? We used to play with a skipping rope when we were youngsters!

David Dickinson: Well Phillis, to make this even harder, we decided to get rid of the antiques advisors, as, they can't really help when it comes to modern technology can they?

Phillis: I'm still trying to figure out how to tune in the radio!

David Dickinson: Well that's the Red team, not lets see who we've got in the Blue team!

Well today's Blue team consists of some young rockstars to try and boost our ratings. Infact, they're so popular, we had to wait an hour for them to get through the crowds as they signed over 100 autographs each! Here they are, it's Michael Ball and Bryn Terfel!

So Michael, do you feel any shame in getting money out of other people's songs?

Michael Ball: Whatever do you mean? Isn't that what we are doing today? Ripping people off then making a fortune?

David Dickinson: Well, that'll be the day when someone makes some money from this show.

Bryn, nice Welsh name, I bet you attract many a girl with that name.

Bryn Terfel: Well it's not my massive belly that atracts them...

David Dickinson: Well teams, here is £200 each, lets see what bargains you can hunt!

Joan: Ooh, that looks nice!

Phillis: What is it?

Joan: A Nest I think it says.

Phillis: Looks like an old breadbin to me How much for the nest?

Stall keeper: £40, with all my games.

Ooh, you get games with it too!

Phillis: I'll give you £20 for it.

Stall keeper: I can't except lower than £40

Phillis: £100?

Stall keeper: But it's only....yeah, £100's fine! If you give me another £100 you get a year's free warranty!

Joan: I don't know, we might find something else - Phillis?

Michael: We've been given £200 to spend on tat, and we'll probably make a loss at auction anyway. So what should we do?

Bryn: Who's for a pint?

David Dickinson: Well for once, one of our teams has had some sense, Bryn and Michael invited me for a drink, but I wouldn't have a beer with them - oh no - I had a cup of tea with a drop of whisky.

The Red team however, have made a complete mess of this show! They bought a Nintendo Entertainment System, with only six games, for £200!

Well it's obvious it's not going to sell for that much at auction, and, quite frankly, I prefer my mahogany and pine cabinet selling.

Phillis and Joan, have you enjoyed your experience?

Phillis and Joan: Yeah, can't wait to see ourselves on TV!

David Dickinson: Well that's good to hear, so now, I will join Bryn and Michael, back at the Fishguard Inn.

Goodbye

Voiceover: Note: Due to the lack of decent content, and celebrities getting slightly more than p!ssed, don't expect to see this special edition of bargain hunt anytime soon.
Sun 02/06/02 at 13:44
Yeah bargain hunts a great show! Sure does fill those mid-mornings!

Phil
Sun 02/06/02 at 13:48
Regular
Ah Bargain hunt.
Unfortunately, I witnessed an inferior auction programme on BBC2 called 'Flog it!' How dare it claim Bargain hunts crown!
Sun 02/06/02 at 14:08
Regular
"¬_¬"
I don't get it...
Mon 03/06/02 at 19:37
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Me and a friend have applied to be on the show, hence the name I had on msn a few days back.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.