GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Green Mile"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/10/00 at 19:25
Regular
Have you read the novel by Stephen King? This film follows the story identically, word for word. It is one of only a few films that I have seen which does that. It isnt a Horror as such, more psychological than anything. About a man who is on death row, accused of murdering two little girls, back in the early 30's. But as the story goes on you begin to understand that this man couldnt ever do such a thing and he actually turns out to be "one of gods miracles" but of course no-one would believe that would they. I dont want to give too much away but he helps people, takes away their pain and as the story reaches a climax you see what sort of bloke he really is.
I would definataly recommend this film - Go watch it now!!
Mon 30/10/00 at 19:25
Regular
"Whatever!"
Have you read the novel by Stephen King? This film follows the story identically, word for word. It is one of only a few films that I have seen which does that. It isnt a Horror as such, more psychological than anything. About a man who is on death row, accused of murdering two little girls, back in the early 30's. But as the story goes on you begin to understand that this man couldnt ever do such a thing and he actually turns out to be "one of gods miracles" but of course no-one would believe that would they. I dont want to give too much away but he helps people, takes away their pain and as the story reaches a climax you see what sort of bloke he really is.
I would definataly recommend this film - Go watch it now!!
Mon 30/10/00 at 19:32
Regular
"Whatever!"
If you want to watch a brilliant film I suggest you see The Green Mile. Just watched the DVD and it is one of the best films I have seen in a long while.
Mon 30/10/00 at 19:42
Is that all? What's so great about this film?
Tue 31/10/00 at 10:11
Regular
"not dead"
Actually there are one or two differences between the book and the film. In the book it is set a few years earlier, they shifted the film a few years further on to include that film that Coffee gets to watch. Also in the end of the book the mouse dies, so at least Paul knows that he will eventually die, where the film leaves the mouse alive, so he thinks that he will have to life on forever.
Tue 31/10/00 at 17:56
I saw it at the flicks and thought it was OK, but a bit sickly sweet ie. just another Tom Hanks vehicle. That man has so many vehicles he could open his own garage, and call it 'Tom Hank's vehicle garage - Oscars to your left'.
Sat 11/11/00 at 13:50
The Green Mile is amazing, it's 3 hour's long, but it's 3 hours of pure entertainment. It's touching, it's funny, it's gruesome, and it has an air of fantasy, all rolled into one film that's absolutely astounding! Great film... if you ain't seen it, I suggest you git yourself down to the nearest video shop and rent it now...... Yes I mean now, this minute... well go on what you waiting for?
Fri 05/01/01 at 21:05
Regular
This has to be oe of the best movies for DVD, and the best conversion from a Stephen King Book to the screen. It was 3 hours long, and i didn`t notice, i was so enthralled in the story and even though i have read the book before seeing it.......so i knew what was going to happen, i still filled up at the end and i looked around the room to the others that were watching it with me and there wasn`t a dry eye in it.
It`s Funny
It`s Sad
Its a heck of a story that will move even the toughest of blokes.
If only there were a few John Coffey`s in this world!
Go buy it now!
Fri 05/01/01 at 21:34
Regular
It's a great film, yes.

(Is that all you're going to say?)

Yeah. I suppose so.
Sat 06/01/01 at 11:30
Regular
"Whatever!"
Have just posted a review of The Green Mile if you would care to read it!!
Sun 07/01/01 at 00:34
A Truely Great Film, if a little long
Its not as scary as most King movies, but its emotionally moving (a moral tale). Something that probably should appeal to men and women...which means Hanks will probably get an Oscar.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.