GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First Person Shooters"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/06/02 at 13:43
Regular
Halo has changed my entire perspective on first person shooters.

I owned Wolfenstein 3D, Doom (all of em), Quake (all of em), and whatever else. However, I didn't really like em. Goldeneye kind of changed my mind, but Halo is immense.

Also, does anyone else think that Halo's music sounds similar to ITV's 'Survivor'? Hmmmm
Sat 01/06/02 at 13:43
Halo has changed my entire perspective on first person shooters.

I owned Wolfenstein 3D, Doom (all of em), Quake (all of em), and whatever else. However, I didn't really like em. Goldeneye kind of changed my mind, but Halo is immense.

Also, does anyone else think that Halo's music sounds similar to ITV's 'Survivor'? Hmmmm
Sat 01/06/02 at 15:26
Regular
I like the "cagey" nature of Halo's gameplay. That's what makes it so immersive.
Sat 01/06/02 at 21:01
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Halo is just excellent. A lot of people have looked at it and thought "doesn't do much different to any other FPS". But when you play the game, it doesn't take long before you realise why it scored so highly.
Sun 02/06/02 at 08:15
Halo, I can't fault it. Deserves all the praise it gets.
Sun 02/06/02 at 11:57
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Halo is one of the many games that attracts me to the xbox, but i still cant afford one :( Does anyone know where i can get a cheapish second hand xbox?
Sun 02/06/02 at 14:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Not that I can think of mate. Everyone I know whos got an X-Box is happy with it. :-)
Sun 02/06/02 at 17:40
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I don't know of any places that do Xbox cheap. The best I've seen is an Xbox with Max Payne and 2 controllers for £230. Do what I did, trade in you old console+games, that should shave £100 or so off the price.

Well worth it.
Mon 03/06/02 at 09:24
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Yes, the music does sound rather like ITV's survivor. Wouldn't it be good if you could play Halo with a Johnny Character. Your enemies could be story-telling-bridgets and posh-suzannahs.
Mon 03/06/02 at 13:01
Or you could play as Geordie Dave, and taunt opponents with 'Way-Ay' and 'Pet' speech. The final level, 'The Maw', could be renamed 'The Log', and competitors could finish the game by standing on the log for a longer period of time than the covenant. Hmmmm
Mon 03/06/02 at 20:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
For some reason, I don't think I'll cry if these ideas are left out of Halo 2. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.