GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to fly the dodo in GTA3."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/06/02 at 13:06
Regular
For those who don’t know this is how you do it. Take the plane onto the main runway and straighten up, hold the X button to accelerate and hold the down button on the d-pad (not the analogue stick).
After a few seconds sparks will appear underneath the plane, as soon as the sparks appear let all buttons go and the plane will take off.
Once you have enough height just TAP the downward button to level out the plane (the wings should just cover the nose of the plane). If the plane starts to gain height again just TAP the downward button to keep it level.
If the plane suddenly drops don’t worry because so long as you don’t press anything, in most cases the plane will catch some air and rise again (as with take off just tap down to level out again).
When you want to turn the plane just TAP the left and right buttons but don’t hold them down or the plane will crash.

NEVER PRESS UPWARDS OR THE PLANE WILL CRASH

NEVER USE THE ANALOGUE STICKS AS THEY DON’T WORK

ONCE THE PLANE IS IN THE AIR YOU SHOULDN’T PRESS THE X BUTTON OR THE PLANE COULD CRASH.

This takes a bit of practise but it is worth it in the end.
Sun 02/06/02 at 00:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
[Turbonutter] wrote:
> Never use the analog sticks my rectum. I've had the Dodo flying for
> over an hour and it works with the analog sticks. Also, you *have* to
> press up or the Dodo will stall.

I've never pressed up and I hav'nt stalled.
Geez, I was only tryin' to help.
Sun 02/06/02 at 00:12
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
½pint wrote:
> Ummm... if you let go of X the Dodo will slow down and crash.

No, the vehicles in GTA3 don't appear to lose momentum against air. You can let go of X, however you will succumb to the force of gravity if you try to climb and stall. Pressing X helps at this point, but not much.
Sun 02/06/02 at 00:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Never use the analog sticks my rectum. I've had the Dodo flying for over an hour and it works with the analog sticks. Also, you *have* to press up or the Dodo will stall.
Sat 01/06/02 at 22:05
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I just wrote the way that I fly it. If you guys know other ways, fair enough.
Sat 01/06/02 at 17:12
Regular
"¬_¬"
Ummm... if you let go of X the Dodo will slow down and crash.
Sat 01/06/02 at 14:49
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Yeah, the sticks do work. I prefer to use them to the D-pad, actually.
Sat 01/06/02 at 13:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Res€vilfan wrote:
> I think everyone knows now and the analog sticks do work!

Guess Im just crap at flying then, but its easier to use the d-pad.
Sat 01/06/02 at 13:14
Regular
"Back For Good"
I think everyone knows now and the analog sticks do work!
Sat 01/06/02 at 13:06
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
For those who don’t know this is how you do it. Take the plane onto the main runway and straighten up, hold the X button to accelerate and hold the down button on the d-pad (not the analogue stick).
After a few seconds sparks will appear underneath the plane, as soon as the sparks appear let all buttons go and the plane will take off.
Once you have enough height just TAP the downward button to level out the plane (the wings should just cover the nose of the plane). If the plane starts to gain height again just TAP the downward button to keep it level.
If the plane suddenly drops don’t worry because so long as you don’t press anything, in most cases the plane will catch some air and rise again (as with take off just tap down to level out again).
When you want to turn the plane just TAP the left and right buttons but don’t hold them down or the plane will crash.

NEVER PRESS UPWARDS OR THE PLANE WILL CRASH

NEVER USE THE ANALOGUE STICKS AS THEY DON’T WORK

ONCE THE PLANE IS IN THE AIR YOU SHOULDN’T PRESS THE X BUTTON OR THE PLANE COULD CRASH.

This takes a bit of practise but it is worth it in the end.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.