GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Commandos 2 : Men of courage - Near perfection or near impossible."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/06/02 at 11:18
Regular
I've watched the OPS2 video of it and it looks really cool, but i read in Play that if one of your men dies it's over. i think this is going to be too hard to be enjoyable.

Any comments?
Sat 01/06/02 at 11:18
Regular
I've watched the OPS2 video of it and it looks really cool, but i read in Play that if one of your men dies it's over. i think this is going to be too hard to be enjoyable.

Any comments?
Sat 01/06/02 at 11:50
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've got the game for the PC, and it is true that if one of your men dies then its game over. It is a very hard game, I'd say its one for stratagy gamers mainly, newbies to the genre will find it hard to fall into the gameplay. It is though one of the best stratagy games I've played in a few years, certainly better than the dissapointing origanal which I'd say was much much harder.

For those who stick with the game, there is a great selection of missions to play through, such as escaping castle colditz, blowing up a railway bridge (over the river Kwai no less), getting a squad of soldiers to defend against an enemy attack ect.. so there is plenty to do if you stick with the game. But I'd say this is a game primarily for stratagy fans, they'll lap this one up.
Sat 01/06/02 at 11:53
Regular
I'll give it a miss then, i'm a newbie to the genre.
Sat 01/06/02 at 13:06
Regular
"accidental superher"
Commandos 2 isn't THAT hard...after playing commandos 1...2 is a lot easier and fun...i highly recommend it (for the pc anyway)
Sat 01/06/02 at 13:13
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I had the original on the PC (or borrowed it - one of the two) and it was damn hard! It was fun when you got into it but I got stuck on a mission near the beginning where I had to infiltrate some fort thing. Couldn't do it.
Sat 01/06/02 at 15:02
Regular
i thought about getting this game but changed my mind when i saw Prisoner of war.
Sat 01/06/02 at 15:03
Regular
"Whatever!"
Ive been waiting for Commandos 2 for a long time but it does sound a bit difficult! I may try Prisoner of War first as that seems to be coming on rather well!
Sat 01/06/02 at 19:46
Regular
yeh i was really interested in this until i saw the type of game it is turning out to be and stuff like that, prisoner of war is more my thing
Sat 01/06/02 at 19:51
Regular
The reviews are ok. Some say it's pretty difficult though.
Sat 01/06/02 at 19:54
Regular
yeh that is what is putting me off of buying the game, i like my games difficult but not this difficult

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.