GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bringing the countries together"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/06/02 at 10:48
Regular
Yey, Datel have worked on a new Action Replay cartridge/disc for Nintendo's box of delights.

"What?" you may ask, "Another stupid cheat cart?"

Well, no, I'm not just getting excited about a cartridge that lets you get all the cheats on Rogue Leader or get all the lives in Super Monkey Ball, but something much more important.

That's right, the GC Action Replay actually lets you play games from other countries on your good ol' British cubes. Can't wait for the (hopefully) excellent Godzilla: Destroy all monsters? Don't want to get old before Metroid arrives? Well, now you can import those choice games!

Of course, you're still going to want to buy others here, as the price difference is staggering at times and it's always nice to have titles like Resident Evil in English rather than Japanese, but for once it will give you the choice of which country you get your games from.

Nice.
Mon 03/06/02 at 19:18
new it wouldnt be long before datel got in on the act .....
i use to have one for my amega mindthe debarkle of the psx one hope they got this one right
Mon 03/06/02 at 19:09
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
Vottanator wrote:
> Good news. Very good news indeed.
>
> It's not that much more expensive to import games from America at all.
> I looked into it and at different web sites when I was considering
> importing a GameCube last year.
>
> The only bad point is that European versions of games always seem to
> have new added features these days.
>
> Take MGS2 for example. Boss mode, European Extreme, the title screen
> changing from red snake to blue raiden when you complete it (!!!!!!)
> and that extra bonus disc.
>
> Plus, the price of the Datel thing? Probably around 30 quid right?
> Well, that isn't much I agree but you can get a game for that. And
> that is annoying. I looked at that DVD Region X and things for the PS2
> and whenever I decided I was going to buy it, I would remember that I
> could get a game for the same price, so I'd end up not buying it. :-D

datel are releasing two versions of the cartridge , one that lets you cheat and import games , for £29.99 , and the other called the Freeloader , which lets you just play import games , for £19.99.
Sun 02/06/02 at 15:53
Regular
Starlight wrote:

> Resi Evil here I come (thanks to Ortega for the site) :0)

Heh, your lucky you saw it in time. SR usually delete any links like that within hours! Somebody is slacking!
Sun 02/06/02 at 08:45
Regular
Well if they go on a 'lets only release all the good RPGs in Japan and America' binge like they did on the SNES (Mario RPG, Earthbound etc.) then I will get one.
Sat 01/06/02 at 23:04
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I think moi shall be getting this, some games only come out in the US of A so this is hella useful.

Resi Evil here I come (thanks to Ortega for the site) :0)
Sat 01/06/02 at 17:32
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I reckon they'll just stick to on screen text with Zelda which I think is probably for the best.

I mean, if the voice actor who plays Link is a retard then it just won't be the same. It's better just sticking with the text.

However, they may find the perfect person for Link in which case it would be cool. But for young Link in Ocarina of Time, I don't reckon voices would be the best idea. Children's voices are never good! Tidus's voice as a boy in FFX is sooo annoying!
Sat 01/06/02 at 13:50
Regular
It's a possibility that we could get it at the same time as America, we're supposed to be getting Animal Forest at the same time as USA. Anyone know if it's gonna have actual speach or they're gonna stick to on screen text with Zelda?
Sat 01/06/02 at 13:46
Regular
">:)"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I'm tempted by this but in a way i'd rather have the European versions
> not sure why I just would. May have to get one for Zelda though, I
> really don't want to have to wait any longer than I have to for that
> game.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a world wide launch for that game. Would be nice anyway :)
Sat 01/06/02 at 13:39
Regular
I'm tempted by this but in a way i'd rather have the European versions not sure why I just would. May have to get one for Zelda though, I really don't want to have to wait any longer than I have to for that game.
Sat 01/06/02 at 13:14
Regular
">:)"
pb, i have seen you posting this same thread on several boards now. Are you working for datel or something!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.