GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Do Eggs Get The Veggie Stamp?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/05/02 at 08:24
Regular
Well, why? It’s an embryo for Christ’s sake! I mean, gah! How exactly can it be vegetarian? The theory is that nothing had to die for it. Which is patently stupid, because the embryo dies, but nonetheless, it’s a rather stupid philosophy. Such knowledge is beyond man's scope for comprehension. But most vegetarians will eat something if the animal in question didn't die in making it. Eggs fall into this category. I think. Not being a Veggie and finding the whole concept ridiculous, I tend to arf at everything to do with it, but I was miffed by it. I have had people tell me they are vegetarians. However then they say they eat ONLY chicken, which confuses me slightly. Also, is fish meat, because something did have to die for that but I also have vegetarians say they also eat fish?

Ewoks are veggies you know!
LF.
Fri 31/05/02 at 08:24
Well, why? It’s an embryo for Christ’s sake! I mean, gah! How exactly can it be vegetarian? The theory is that nothing had to die for it. Which is patently stupid, because the embryo dies, but nonetheless, it’s a rather stupid philosophy. Such knowledge is beyond man's scope for comprehension. But most vegetarians will eat something if the animal in question didn't die in making it. Eggs fall into this category. I think. Not being a Veggie and finding the whole concept ridiculous, I tend to arf at everything to do with it, but I was miffed by it. I have had people tell me they are vegetarians. However then they say they eat ONLY chicken, which confuses me slightly. Also, is fish meat, because something did have to die for that but I also have vegetarians say they also eat fish?

Ewoks are veggies you know!
LF.
Fri 31/05/02 at 09:21
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Yeah, i always hate it when vegetarians eat fish!

One theory i've heard is that cows, pigs, sheep, etc are slaughtered whereas fish dont suffer pain when they die. Yes, erm... i'm sure the fish love it when they have a nice slow, painful death as they are deprieved of water! (and therefore their oxygen)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.