GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If GAD was cancelled..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/05/02 at 16:01
Regular
...what would you do?

I would continue to use the forums but I would not have the incentive to keep writing long topics or reviews.

How about all of you?
Sun 02/06/02 at 20:17
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:

"Did you devise that theory all by yourself or are you currently falling out of an aeroplane?"

LOL
Sun 02/06/02 at 20:15
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Undead wrote:
> If the GAD system was cancelled, I would post on here a lot more.
> Think about it, all the blatant, and downright corny attempts for a
> GAD would vanish, and only the people who liked posting here for the
> fun of it would be left. It would be like a new found utopia...

Wood be nice but could never happen. If you think about it there is lots of forums on the net. What makes sr differnt to them all? GAD. This is what attracts people and keeps them here. If they cancelled it then you would probably get about tenth amount of new users probably less. Then the older ones would eventually get tired ad leave. Besides GAD gives an incensive to the write, never before have i planned a review but the thought of winning somthing gave me a creeple dow my back, so i planned it.
Sun 02/06/02 at 19:57
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
To answer the actual question (hehe), I'd probably still post here. I don't post that much anyway, so I guess it wouldn't harm my time spent.
Sun 02/06/02 at 19:55
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I think these forums would slowly die...no offense, but I think the majority of new users arrive here courtesy of the 'free games' offer, rather than the 'we have forums' bit. Then, less members would join and when old ones left, there'd be no-one to fill the gaps.

Still, if SR decide to do it no-one can stop them. It's crazy enough they do it at the moment ;)
Sun 02/06/02 at 19:02
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Honestly....

My posting would certainly lower to about half it's current level, and I'd get back into games journalism online... perhapos get my old job back at TotalVideoGames.com

Oh, and with a gap year coming up, I do actually NEED to start writing as a journalist again and get some tickets for E3, ECTS and all the rest next year.

Does anyone know of a site hiring? (A serious question!)

Sonic
Sat 01/06/02 at 19:34
Regular
"That's right!"
The forums would be a better place, and I could probably find something INTERESTING in the FOG prime forum. I'd keep posting spoofs and reviews, maybe even some cheats if I found them for a game I knew people needed help with. Because I'm such a nice guy :-D
Sat 01/06/02 at 18:55
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
If the GAD system was cancelled, I would post on here a lot more. Think about it, all the blatant, and downright corny attempts for a GAD would vanish, and only the people who liked posting here for the fun of it would be left. It would be like a new found utopia...
Sat 01/06/02 at 18:51
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
What difference?
Sat 01/06/02 at 14:46
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I would continue to chat, basicly.
Sat 01/06/02 at 14:04
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I would stay. I dont write any interesting topics anyway cos I cant be @rsed to be honest. I just post the odd thing once n' a while. But I like writing reviews though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.