GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GCSE Results"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/08/06 at 21:30
Regular
"Mooching around"
Getting them tomorrow, and good luck to anyone recieving theirs on similar dates :]

I predit the following:

Maths - A
English - B
Science - B
ICT - C (only because I was stupidly put into Foundation tier)
Business Studies - B
French - C
Italian - U (if I don't get this grade, then it's a disgrace to the system)
R.E (short course) - E

And, not to sound cocky, the strangest part is I'm not really worried or nervous.
Fri 08/09/06 at 15:59
Regular
After doing my MSc, I feel the same way about my GCSEs, A-Levels and my degree!

The further you go, the harder you find yourself working and the more seriously you take it all.

The up-side is that everyone else is slacking just as much, so you don't really put yourself at a disadvantage.
Fri 08/09/06 at 15:52
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I just finished A levels and i did fairly average though, but if i worked as hard as i did with A levels in GCSEs - God i wish i could turn back the time and redo them >_<
Fri 25/08/06 at 14:55
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I think the new qualification thats supposed to be coming in thats similar to the French system will be a better alternative to whats on offer now as it combines therory with practical experience to make people better qualified for the working world.
Fri 25/08/06 at 12:00
Regular
"Mooching around"
On top of that, A levels, are fast becoming a "need if you want a good job". So they have become commonplace with so many people reacing them, and the ever growing theroy of them becoming easier doesn't help.
Fri 25/08/06 at 09:27
"possibly impossible"
Hah. I did the very first year of GCSEs, just as they replaced O levels.

Nobody knew what was going on and I couldn't be bothered anyway. I got a D in Maths, C in English, Physics and Computer Science (the exam paper included tape drives and even the 'new' floppy drives), everything else was E or lower.

But it didn't bother me. I went to college and did a BTEC Computer Science (Programming and Systems Admin) and retook some GCSEs at the same time, then did a 4 year teaching degree.

Now I work in Finance (and I only got a C in Maths the second time around) Shows how much exams show your real potential. I laugh at exam results and any employer who takes absolute stock in them representing a good employee.
Thu 24/08/06 at 21:53
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Machie wrote:
> 19? :)

How did you know that :P
Thu 24/08/06 at 21:45
Regular
"Mooching around"
Well the grades go like this (or so it says)

Maths (250 max):

A* - 225
A - 200
B - 175
C - 150
D - 125
E - 100
F - 75
G - 50

Science (100 max):
A* - 90
A - 80
B - 70
C - 60
D - 50
etc.
Thu 24/08/06 at 21:28
Regular
19? :)
Thu 24/08/06 at 21:27
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Machie wrote:
> Well done Chaos, Bob and ST :)
>
> These are all GCSE results right? I had no idea you were all 16,
> blimey I feel so old at 26. If only I could go back and take mine
> again, I'm sure I'd get As for everything :D

I'm not 16 :p
Thu 24/08/06 at 21:09
Regular
oh and well done tnc. You're all a lot younger than I imagined :) You should all be proud of your grades.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.