GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Xbox is noway dead!! Read and hopefully your mind will change if you are a gc or ps2 fa."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/05/02 at 19:46
Regular
If you use a calcualor, you will find out that if xbox has sold 4mill and sony 30mill and the sonyplaystation has been out MORE THAN A YEAR then

xbox has been out about 7 weeks and sold million well if you devide 7 by 52 (because of 52 weeks in a year) then times the result of that by 4mill you will get 29 mill only a couple of mill off ps2. But you have to accept that you will sell more xboxs in the first couple of weeks than any other time, but then you have people seeing how well it does first. So if you think about it all the consoles are very close.
Wed 29/05/02 at 19:46
Regular
"ProGolfer"
If you use a calcualor, you will find out that if xbox has sold 4mill and sony 30mill and the sonyplaystation has been out MORE THAN A YEAR then

xbox has been out about 7 weeks and sold million well if you devide 7 by 52 (because of 52 weeks in a year) then times the result of that by 4mill you will get 29 mill only a couple of mill off ps2. But you have to accept that you will sell more xboxs in the first couple of weeks than any other time, but then you have people seeing how well it does first. So if you think about it all the consoles are very close.
Sun 02/06/02 at 22:11
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I see an amazing amoutn of replys.
Sun 02/06/02 at 22:18
Regular
The xbox didnt sell 4 Million in its first 7 weeks in Europe. The majority of those sales came from the US where it has been out for over 5 months. So them calculations dont really mean anything.
Mon 03/06/02 at 13:10
Honestly, I think people are getting too involved with sales figures. They don't necessarily tell the whole picture. Of all the PS2 sales, for example, many now may be sold, or traded. And not all sales/trades/esp. not newspaper sales, make the 'lists'.

Finally, who cares about sales figures? What we need to concentrate on is playing the games that we have on the 'Box, like Halo.
Mon 03/06/02 at 23:53
Regular
"keep your receipt"
you've got to remember that PS2s sold tonnes of hardware in its first season, but then sales dropped as everybody (who wanted one) had already got one. You're assuming that the sales were a constant flow.
I'm not saying the Xbox is going to fail, its had a relatively good launch, but don't expect sales to stay as they are.
Tue 04/06/02 at 09:39
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Franny wrote:
Of all the PS2 sales,
> for example, many now may be sold, or traded. And not all
> sales/trades/esp. not newspaper sales, make the 'lists'.
>
> Finally, who cares about sales figures? What we need to concentrate
> on is playing the games that we have on the 'Box, like Halo.

To be honest, very few people sell their consoles or trade them, so this is just a "drop in the ocean" if you like and wouldn't have any effect on sales figures. Plus, when a console IS sold or traded, it stays on the marke, so Sony wouldn't care anyway.

As for Halo, it is a brilliant game. I believe it is the Xbox's saving grace. Halo is the only game the Xbox has which doesn't have an equivalent game which is better on the PS2. (GT3 better than PGR, Virtua Fighter 4 better than DOA3, Pro-Evo Soccer and FIFA 2002 better than ISS2, etc...)
Tue 04/06/02 at 13:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
PGR is hardly a game that can be compared to GTA3. And as for Virtua Fighter 4 being better than DOA3, thats definatly a matter of opinion cause I think VF4 is utter pants.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.