GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo - NOT the First!! :o"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/05/02 at 11:17
Regular
You may all have heard about Nintendo's GBA-GC link-up and instantly thought "Another first from Nintendo!" and smiled pleasantly.

Well wipe that simle away as the handheld-console link-up was NOT first introduced by Nintendo!! :O

No, in fact, it was first used by the Dreamcast and Neo Geo!
Yes, the un-succesfull DC could be linked up with the highly neglected NeoGeo handheld console.

Here's the proof:
'http://www.fl-games.com/fr/objet.php3
SCT=5&UID=20020529115813FBhaq
BBsEBnT6dD&CA=1&SC=5&lang=Eng'

Now they wouldn't sell a link-up lead for nothing, would they!
I bet it never sold too! :P

Juts thought i'd share this with you.
Wed 29/05/02 at 20:39
Regular
">:)"
done :)
http://216.12.215.215/users/ashmangc/index.cgi? board=gbboard&action=display&num=1022697519&start=0

take out the spaces
Wed 29/05/02 at 20:37
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Nintendo are first for lots of things, then they don't come through. The modem in the 64DD, the GB transfer pack, only used on about two games and the microphone for 'hey you pikachu!'
Wed 29/05/02 at 20:30
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
heh- thnaks!

:D
Wed 29/05/02 at 20:25
Regular
yes they have. I'll post you some on the ngc-uk.co.uk forums.
Wed 29/05/02 at 20:06
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
What a great game it was- my favourite part would have to be..... when I destroyed those bouncing guards boss for the first time to earn my first pendant. Ah, those were the days.

Have Ninty released any shots for it yet? [the GBA version- obviously]
Wed 29/05/02 at 20:02
Regular
"ProGolfer"
They did it on another console as well just cant remember which one.?!
Wed 29/05/02 at 19:58
Regular
i finnished it. I got the golden bow too :)
Wed 29/05/02 at 19:55
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yeah, i can vouch for that, as I did have both the super gameboy and the transfer pack, but i sold my snes :'( I'm just glad link to the past and yoshi's island are coming to the GBA! YayBoth of which are some of the best games i have ever played, and i am the only person I know personally to have completed link to the past- which makes me feel special

*waits for someone to point out they have too*
Wed 29/05/02 at 19:51
Regular
Just remebered, even further back on the SNES, there was the super game boy, that let you play gameboy games on your snes. Undeniable proof that Nintendo were exploring connectivity between their consoles way before the dreamcast was even a twinkle in sega's eye.
Wed 29/05/02 at 19:47
Regular
actually Nintendo WERE the first. They introduced the transfer pak back in the good old days of the N64, that let you swap data between the N64 and the gameboy. So there :p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.