GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beaten by a woman"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/05/02 at 09:18
Regular
Yes, it’s time for me to confess. I have just bought a second G Con so that the wife and I (All very proper and correct English there) can play Time Crisis 2 and, when it comes out, Vampire Night – in 2 player mode.

So we load it up last night and start the game, loads of shooting and stuff , all good fun, get to the end of stage 1 and who has the highest score ? The missus… aarrgghhh.

I know she spends a lot of time playing it anyway, but… I’m a bloke… we are all much better at games than any woman.. right ??

(Fortunately there shouldn’t be too many “You sexist” remarks in this forum)
Mon 27/05/02 at 09:18
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Yes, it’s time for me to confess. I have just bought a second G Con so that the wife and I (All very proper and correct English there) can play Time Crisis 2 and, when it comes out, Vampire Night – in 2 player mode.

So we load it up last night and start the game, loads of shooting and stuff , all good fun, get to the end of stage 1 and who has the highest score ? The missus… aarrgghhh.

I know she spends a lot of time playing it anyway, but… I’m a bloke… we are all much better at games than any woman.. right ??

(Fortunately there shouldn’t be too many “You sexist” remarks in this forum)
Mon 27/05/02 at 09:34
"High polygon count"
I feel your pain, my friend.

My ex always used to beat me at beat-em-ups - Tekken in particular.
Mon 27/05/02 at 09:50
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Thanks Wookiee - It's comforting to know that I am not alone ;)
Mon 27/05/02 at 10:01
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I feel your pain, my friend.
>
> My ex always used to beat me at beat-em-ups - Tekken in particular.

My missus is always kicking my a55 on beat-em-ups, especially Tekken and Soul Calibur on the DC.
She's sneaky though, after I've beat her a few times she starts whining "I'm not playing anymore, what's the point if I always lose" so out of sympathy I let her win a few rounds.
Then she starts taunting me about losing to a girl so I play properly again, and she keeps on beating me.
Mon 27/05/02 at 10:05
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
There's a simple solution to all this, just don't let them play ;D

Oh dear I can see the backlash now....seriously though I think it's the same for either a woman or a bloke, if you sit a mate down in front of a PS2 and he's never played on one then your going to whip his butt in anything you play, same applies to a woman but given time they'll pick these things up.

It all comes down to just being able to pick the controller up in your hand and not have to look at the buttons, once you've mastered that concept all games just become second nature.
Mon 27/05/02 at 10:56
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
I always used to thrash my younger brother at any game at all. All of a sudden now though he has started beating me, so I have to keep coming out with more and more excuses as to why he just beat me. IE. My controller stopped working, or, The dog put me off. Embarrasing.
Mon 27/05/02 at 13:54
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
My ex didn't used to play games much. She liked to play on my SNES (I was going through a retro-gaming phase at the time), especially Zelda, but I used to have to do the bosses.

Then when I got stuck trying to learn the wall jump on Metroid, she said, "give it here", and did it first go. Then proceeded to rip the p*ss for weeks about it.

She had to go.
Mon 27/05/02 at 18:20
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Any time I can ever remember playing a woman, I've lost. Sad really. (For me)

;-)
Mon 27/05/02 at 19:53
Regular
"round the outside"
does this mean i would beat all your A55es?!
Mon 27/05/02 at 19:56
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Not at Pro Evo Soccer you wouldnt. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.