GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have I Got News For You..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/05/02 at 20:10
Regular
I thought it was absolutely hilarious. God knows why Angus Dayton went on the show. Paul Merton even had a t-shirt with the front cover of The News of the World on it! F@cking hilarious. This is one incident that will go on and on and on knowing Paul Merton and Ian Hislop. Every opportunity they had they took. I wish I was in the studio because by what they where saying, there must have been some serious editing to that show. Still applaud Angus Deaton, he knew what he was in for but still went and took it - and hey, he slept with a prostitute for free. Something I’ve never managed... It was about 10 times funnier than usual! The amazing thing is that Angus Deaton isn't really any the worse off for doing it, he got a few laughs but nothing's really going to happen to him. I think he started to get pretty peeved off towards the end though. The only bad thing about the whole story is the fact that he's married (I think). Meaning he cheated on his wife. He snorts Coke? Like every celebrity. He sleeps with prostitutes and doesn't pay? See Jamie Theakston. Bah. These 'TV-types' are all the same.

Technically if you aren't paying for them, they aren't a prostitute, at least at the time…I suppose.

LF
Sun 26/05/02 at 20:10
I thought it was absolutely hilarious. God knows why Angus Dayton went on the show. Paul Merton even had a t-shirt with the front cover of The News of the World on it! F@cking hilarious. This is one incident that will go on and on and on knowing Paul Merton and Ian Hislop. Every opportunity they had they took. I wish I was in the studio because by what they where saying, there must have been some serious editing to that show. Still applaud Angus Deaton, he knew what he was in for but still went and took it - and hey, he slept with a prostitute for free. Something I’ve never managed... It was about 10 times funnier than usual! The amazing thing is that Angus Deaton isn't really any the worse off for doing it, he got a few laughs but nothing's really going to happen to him. I think he started to get pretty peeved off towards the end though. The only bad thing about the whole story is the fact that he's married (I think). Meaning he cheated on his wife. He snorts Coke? Like every celebrity. He sleeps with prostitutes and doesn't pay? See Jamie Theakston. Bah. These 'TV-types' are all the same.

Technically if you aren't paying for them, they aren't a prostitute, at least at the time…I suppose.

LF
Sun 26/05/02 at 20:41
Regular
I saw that last night, it was so funny.
Sun 26/05/02 at 20:45
Regular
I thought Dave Gorman was absolutely hilarious.

So were his sideburns.
Sun 26/05/02 at 20:48
Regular
Ian Hislop and Paul Merton hardly let the guests get a word in
Sun 26/05/02 at 21:08
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
RM18 wrote:
> I thought Dave Gorman was absolutely hilarious.
>
> So were his sideburns.

Did you ever watch his show? Was the most funny concept. He travelled all over the world to find Dave Gormans. The Israeli David Gorman was the funniest. At immigration they asked him the purpose of his visit. He said to find someone called Dave Gorman and take a picture of him with them and record them saying "Hi I'm Dave Gorman". They got suspicious.
Sun 26/05/02 at 21:08
Regular
Yeah, it had me in stiches.
Sun 26/05/02 at 21:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
He was so relieved to get off the show!
Mon 27/05/02 at 21:31
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Haven't seen HIGNFY in ages. Never mind the Buzzcocks is better, if you ask me.
Mon 27/05/02 at 21:34
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
allardini wrote:
>Never mind the Buzzcocks is better, if
> you ask me.

2rite!!!!! brilliant program that! luv it!!
Wed 29/05/02 at 13:54
I think that most people considered the show funny, because they feel that they should. The usual witty comments were replaced by cheap stabs that could be seen from a mile off.
The whole senerio smelt of a set up to me. Big Brother 3, Channel 4's biggest show of the year, happened to be starting at the same time. BBC needed to keep the HIGNFY viewers. It was kind of a HIGNFY special, but since fans of the show are sceptical, so they couldn't call it that. The only floor in my theory is why on earth would Angus agree to such a thing?
Hopefully the show can get back to normal as soon as possible.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.