GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWE/WWF Storylines"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/05/02 at 19:38
Regular
The WWE/WWF has had some memorable feuds, which have turned to Storylines in recent years. Hands down past Storylines seem to have been better. Mainly because the company was not running out of ideas. Here is a selection of Feuds, which i have turned into Storylines:

McMahon Vs Austin Storyline/Feud: The massive Feud/Storyline that broke out between these two was great! It was a battle for Ownership of the WWF and basically for respect. Vince basically thought he was the Boss and he could do anything but soon enough the WWF (Back then it was WWF) Scriptwriters came up with Feud for that. For weeks these two feuded back and fourth. Screwing each other in the process. It all led up to the Big Match for "WWF Ownership" It wasn't a classic encounter, but the prize at stake made it seem that bit better. When Austin climbed the ladder to get the Briefcase. The rope holding it kept hiring and when Vince McMahon went up, it kept lowering for him. Not suprisingly Vince McMahon won. The Feud was over and the Scriptwriters went onto other plans.

The "The Love Triangle" Feud/Storyline: For all you non Wrestling people this was a feud between Kurt Angle and Triple H. It was basically as the names suggests a "Love Triangle" for Stephanie McMahon who was married to Triple HHH (Just in the business). Triple H was being cheated on which made it disgustingly great for the Viewers (For some reason). Triple H played the Face (A Wrestling term for Good Guy) in this feud and obviously being the guilty man, Kurt Angle was the heel. It turned out to be the "Feud/Storyline of the year" (Voted for by the Fans). It didn't suprise me. The Match at the PPV - Triple H Vs Kurt Angle was just as good as the Feud was itself. Triple H won the bloody encounter where Steel Chairs was used. Triple H and Kurt Angle then called it quits on the Feud.

The "Who Ran Over Stone Cold" Feud/Storyline: This Storyline lasted ages! Basically because Stone Cold wanted time off work so this Storyline was created where he was ran over by a Driver who wasn't revealed until the Next Year. Here's where it all started...
It was Survivor Series 99 PPV and Stone Cold was giving an interview backstage in the parking area. Suddenly from out of no where came Triple H and his DX Crew (A Faction in the WWF) and started attacking Stone Cold! Triple H dragged Austin to a Clear space and then ran off with his DX Members. About 10 seconds later just after Stone Cold had got up to look for Triple H. A Limo came in and ran over Stone Cold Steve Austin! The Limo drove off and we waited a year before we had the result as to "Who ran over Stone Cold. It was a WWF RAW (A house show) the next year that revealed who did the Running Over. Mick Foley - WWF Commissioner lined up suspects. Was it Triple H? Can't have been, didn't have time to get in Limo just seconds after the attack from him. The Rock maybe? He had feuded with Austin before. But no one knew. It was only when Mick Foley went into Too Cool's (A Tag Team) Dressing room and Grand Master Sexay said that "Rikishi had not joined the Federation back then so it couldn't be him". That's when Mick knew who it was. That night The Rock was set to go one on one with Rikishi but Mick Foley came out and stared at The Rock hard. Mick Foley then turned away from The Rock and said "It was you" To Rikishi. Rikishi was puzzled as to how Mick found out. Mick said that Rikishi wasn't a wrestler back then but he was a Limo driver for The Rock and it The Rock's Limo! Rikishi admitted too it and said he did it to give The Rock a chance in the limelight. Afterwards Triple H admitted to being the partner with Rikishi to plan it and the fued has started again between these three Wrestlers.

So there you have it. Three feuds that i believe was some of the best in years. Hopefully the WWE can make some new Storylines to really get us back into Wrestling.

Thanks for Reading
Scott
Sun 26/05/02 at 19:38
Regular
The WWE/WWF has had some memorable feuds, which have turned to Storylines in recent years. Hands down past Storylines seem to have been better. Mainly because the company was not running out of ideas. Here is a selection of Feuds, which i have turned into Storylines:

McMahon Vs Austin Storyline/Feud: The massive Feud/Storyline that broke out between these two was great! It was a battle for Ownership of the WWF and basically for respect. Vince basically thought he was the Boss and he could do anything but soon enough the WWF (Back then it was WWF) Scriptwriters came up with Feud for that. For weeks these two feuded back and fourth. Screwing each other in the process. It all led up to the Big Match for "WWF Ownership" It wasn't a classic encounter, but the prize at stake made it seem that bit better. When Austin climbed the ladder to get the Briefcase. The rope holding it kept hiring and when Vince McMahon went up, it kept lowering for him. Not suprisingly Vince McMahon won. The Feud was over and the Scriptwriters went onto other plans.

The "The Love Triangle" Feud/Storyline: For all you non Wrestling people this was a feud between Kurt Angle and Triple H. It was basically as the names suggests a "Love Triangle" for Stephanie McMahon who was married to Triple HHH (Just in the business). Triple H was being cheated on which made it disgustingly great for the Viewers (For some reason). Triple H played the Face (A Wrestling term for Good Guy) in this feud and obviously being the guilty man, Kurt Angle was the heel. It turned out to be the "Feud/Storyline of the year" (Voted for by the Fans). It didn't suprise me. The Match at the PPV - Triple H Vs Kurt Angle was just as good as the Feud was itself. Triple H won the bloody encounter where Steel Chairs was used. Triple H and Kurt Angle then called it quits on the Feud.

The "Who Ran Over Stone Cold" Feud/Storyline: This Storyline lasted ages! Basically because Stone Cold wanted time off work so this Storyline was created where he was ran over by a Driver who wasn't revealed until the Next Year. Here's where it all started...
It was Survivor Series 99 PPV and Stone Cold was giving an interview backstage in the parking area. Suddenly from out of no where came Triple H and his DX Crew (A Faction in the WWF) and started attacking Stone Cold! Triple H dragged Austin to a Clear space and then ran off with his DX Members. About 10 seconds later just after Stone Cold had got up to look for Triple H. A Limo came in and ran over Stone Cold Steve Austin! The Limo drove off and we waited a year before we had the result as to "Who ran over Stone Cold. It was a WWF RAW (A house show) the next year that revealed who did the Running Over. Mick Foley - WWF Commissioner lined up suspects. Was it Triple H? Can't have been, didn't have time to get in Limo just seconds after the attack from him. The Rock maybe? He had feuded with Austin before. But no one knew. It was only when Mick Foley went into Too Cool's (A Tag Team) Dressing room and Grand Master Sexay said that "Rikishi had not joined the Federation back then so it couldn't be him". That's when Mick knew who it was. That night The Rock was set to go one on one with Rikishi but Mick Foley came out and stared at The Rock hard. Mick Foley then turned away from The Rock and said "It was you" To Rikishi. Rikishi was puzzled as to how Mick found out. Mick said that Rikishi wasn't a wrestler back then but he was a Limo driver for The Rock and it The Rock's Limo! Rikishi admitted too it and said he did it to give The Rock a chance in the limelight. Afterwards Triple H admitted to being the partner with Rikishi to plan it and the fued has started again between these three Wrestlers.

So there you have it. Three feuds that i believe was some of the best in years. Hopefully the WWE can make some new Storylines to really get us back into Wrestling.

Thanks for Reading
Scott
Mon 27/05/02 at 00:05
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Those were some pretty sweet storylines, it seems nowadays that they try to rush them for some reason and they never let them play out but then when they do play them out they go on for agggeess and don't add nothing new to the mix (Alliance anyone)

The whole nWo poison thing died down as soon as they stepped into the WWF, some good that was, they should have interfered in more big matches and basically ripped down the set, beat up commentators, take over and generally raise hell but ohhh no tey had to turn Hulk crappy Hogan face and wreck the whole thing, now look.

Personally I think the WWF needs groups again, you know big groups that involved main wrestlers and Vinny and Shaney Mac, groups like the Corporation, Ministry, Faction, DX etc and build up some rivalries.

Plus more gimmick mathes, real ones though not duchess of quennsbury (or whatever match) which is nothing more than a No DQ. An I Quit war wouldn't go a miss about now.
Mon 27/05/02 at 10:36
Regular
"Better Than You"
I think the nWo is just getting out of hand now, because everyone is joining them now, like Big Show and Booker T, and many more will soon. It will end up the the Coperation. The best groups are when there are only a few members like The Nation Of Domination and DX. The WWE could do with some new groups.

I agree that there should be better matches around like 2 out of 3 matches with a different match for each fall, buried alive matches and Battle Royals and many more. Also I think that they should think of new matches so it entertains us more.
Mon 27/05/02 at 21:12
Regular
"Where's SR?"
Eddie Guerrero and Stone Cold could be the best of them all if the WWE do it right. Stone Cold constantly drinking and Eddie Guerrero sacked for being drunk. The possibilities for feeling in promos could be translated into true anger in the matches. It could be the best angle ever if the WWE handle it right. I've no idea whether this will happen or not but when I saw last weeks Raw results, I just thought about the potential.
Tue 28/05/02 at 11:46
Regular
"..."
Lets face it, the WWF does not need more gimmick matches, just some variety in the booking will do it. Like Stone Cold/Latino Heat, this is a step in the right direction because it's not one of the sme old same old feuds they keep doing.
Wed 29/05/02 at 20:22
Regular
"Where's SR?"
Even if my idea doesn't happen, it will be interesting to see how far Eddie Guerrero has come in the WWE's ideas Austin squashed Eddie after Triple H employed the Radicalz as body guards.
Thu 30/05/02 at 09:08
Regular
"..."
MikeAll wrote:
> Even if my idea doesn't happen, it will be interesting to see how far
> Eddie Guerrero has come in the WWE's ideas Austin squashed Eddie after
> Triple H employed the Radicalz as body guards.

But unfortunately it now seems that the WWE were only using this to set up (another) Austin/Benoit feud...*sigh*
Thu 30/05/02 at 18:37
Regular
"Where's SR?"
I don't know how that's possible because Vince picked Benoit, but I'll look at WWE.com in case it's a spoiler for anyone else.
Sun 02/06/02 at 07:35
Regular
Vince explained it on Smackdown as saying 'as long as he doesn't wrestle, its OK'. Thanks for that in depth explanation Vince...

P.S. In the original thread, Austin didn't want time of work, he suffered a serious neck injury after a botched Piledriver.
Sun 02/06/02 at 17:05
Regular
"Where's SR?"
That piledriver was a couple of years before, he just reinjured it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.