GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cel - Zelda Good or Bad?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/05/02 at 17:28
Regular
Do you feel that Nintendo's Cel shaded Zelda title is a bad move and thet a return to the more serious look of Ocarina of time or do you think that it will make this long running series more fun and give it an interesting twist?
Sun 26/05/02 at 18:19
Regular
I think that for Zelda, cel shading is great. It looks well good, and Nintendo have made it look superb.

When the Gamecube was announced, Miyamoto said that he was going to give his fans something different and that is what he has done. It anyone doesn't like it, the so what. Go and buy an XBOX.
Sun 26/05/02 at 18:16
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Lol.. probably not the most original topic (cell shading was announced middle of last year!), but hey! Better than a lot of new people in the forums! Welcome!

Anyway, in response to the topic...

It has been revealed that all the Zelda games (with a few exceptions) are actually set in different dimensions. Hence Zelda doesn't keep getting annoyed when she gets kidnapped in every game! Instead Gannon, at the end of every game, is bannished into another dimension, and it is thhere that the next game is set. (Of course, Majora's mask was in the Ocarina of Time universe).

So, in the latest game, the whole Universe has a cell shaded look.

Will this do the game any harm? Well, probably not. The gameplay and everything else will be as good as every other Zelda game, and the graphics are something refreshing.

That said, I can't feel like I still want to play the Ultra-Realistic fantasy style of game that was shown after the GC was first unveiled. Although they'll make a Zelda game in that style soon enough...

Sonic
Sun 26/05/02 at 17:28
Do you feel that Nintendo's Cel shaded Zelda title is a bad move and thet a return to the more serious look of Ocarina of time or do you think that it will make this long running series more fun and give it an interesting twist?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.