GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Harry Potter 5?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/05/02 at 16:00
Regular
does anyone know anything about the next Harry book because Harry Potter rules
Wed 29/05/02 at 15:56
I have to admit I was kind of sceptical about the Harry Potter books at first, as it seems nowadays things get incredibly popular overnight without much substance to back it up (just take a look at the music top 40 for instance). So I take hype with a huge pinch of salt. But now having read the four books so far, I'm a fan. I would say they are modern kids classics, though there's plenty in them for adults to enjoy. OK, you can be cynical and say that each year has a school element, predictable made up names for characters and creatures, and so on, but I've wanted to carry on reading each one in turn. I'd say my favourite so far would be the 'Prisoner of Azkaban', because of how well the plot ties together. It'll be interesting to see if they dumb it down for the film. And also as Sirius Black is a particularly cool character.

Though it's a shame the kids in the film acted like a bunch of Grange Hill rejects, but there you go.....
Wed 29/05/02 at 14:19
I've loved the Harry Potter books so far, they have been the only books that i have read that arn't on my old school reading list!!
Hopefully the next book will contain as much suffering as the other books, Rowling deals with the issue so well. I've heard rumours that Harry starts to fall in love and have girlfriend problems. Isn't there enough material on young teenage love?
Wed 29/05/02 at 06:33
Apparentley in the fith book, little harry gives up studying sorcery and pursues his life-long ambition to be a train driver.

I think the book is called...

wait for it....

Train-Potter!!

Boom Boom :)
Tue 28/05/02 at 18:37
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
She hasn't had time to finish book five 'cause she's been doing tours and promotional stuff for both the existing books and the film.

Good grief, it's like she's a pop star...
Tue 28/05/02 at 18:04
Regular
Yeah, I know she's writing them, but she's surely had writers block or something because she used to produce them at a rate of one a year.
Tue 28/05/02 at 12:00
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
The fifth book was intended to be released at the same time as the first movie, but the book wasn't ready. A common misconception is that she has the whole series written and just waiting to be published. I think it comes out of the fact that it is often noted the final chapter of the final book is written and stored in a safe - the bits in between this final chapter and the last book aren't yet written though.
Tue 28/05/02 at 07:58
Regular
It's been, what, almost 2 years since Goblet of Fire was released? I know she's finished it. They should release it as soon as possible. Goblet of Fire was the darkest, and I'd argue that the series is possibly more suited to adults now than children. I'm looking forward to the fight thats obviously going to develop over the next couple of books.
Tue 28/05/02 at 03:39
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
No way is the second book the darkest - they really do get progressively darker as they go along, well so far at least. In the fifth book it’s already been confirmed a “main” character is going to get killed – did they say it would be a pupil? Can’t remember that bit.

Expect the fifth book to be released either in a shock summer release, or, more likely, at the same time as the film in November.
Mon 27/05/02 at 21:23
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Yeah, probably due 2 da fact that sum masiv big snake thing starts kilin peoples by lukin @ dem, and den HP goes and sticks a fat sword fru its ed. Bludy!!!!
Mon 27/05/02 at 21:18
Regular
Its supposed to, the 2nd book has been quoted as the 'darkest of them all so far'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.