GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Xperiment"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/05/02 at 15:27
Regular
Hi guys/Girls! I did i little experiment at my local supermarket last thursday. I was testing to see what kind of reactions I would get from the security guard by acting in a dodgy manner.Firtsly, the hands in pocket test. I walked up to the shelf where they keep the sweets and junk food and then I got the securty guards attention buy coughing out loud. Then with his eyes firmly on me and pretended to look shady by looking over both my shoulders.At this point a noticed that he turned his body to aline him self with the direction he was looking.Now, I picked up some sweets and clutched them firmly in my hand.I then turned awy from the security gaurd and with my back facing him I shuffled my body a little,giving the inkling of some thing dodgy going on.At this point I noticed him make his move by walking towards me. I saw him do this by the refection on a sweet bag and I quickly put the sweets back on the shelf with out him seeing. He put his hand on my shoulder and said " What you doing son?". I just replied " Im looking at the sweets?".He then said " Just get out of the store please".With a 'fake' puzzled expression on my face I walked out not buying any thing. Now, what did the experiment prove I here you ask? Well it proved that security guards jump to conclusions with out any sense of what really is going on.
Tue 28/05/02 at 14:34
Regular
"A man with a stick"
xBeanx wrote:
> LoL! Oh my god! The fact that he didn't see me pick up any thing or
> nick any thing should have been the reason not to throw me out. Foolz!
> And that gun comparison is rediculas. How is pointing a gun to some
> ones head the same as acting dodgy in a supermarket and not being seen
> to be doing any thing criminal in the process? Think befor you cross
> the road kids.

You complete cretin!!! How can you call anyone but yourself a fool? The only thing your experiment proved, (if it was an experiment) is that acting like a shoplifter, in turn gets you treated like one.

It also proved security guards have a job to do, and if that means throwing out people who don't steal goods, but act like their going to, then so be it. They have a right to do that.

Hopefully you've learned something from this complete waste of time experiment of yours, like think before you act. And if your going to do another one of these experiments in the future, don't bother telling us about it, it'll save you the embarrassment.
Tue 28/05/02 at 12:13
"Darkness, always"
you ignorant little miscreant.

You acted suspicious, and were treated as such. Should you have been left acting suspicious? don't be absurd.

Any schoolboy knows that certain shoplifters WILL act suspiciously without doing anything, as a method of testing the attention of the security. You acted like a fool, and got thrown out for it, deal with it.

IB
Tue 28/05/02 at 12:07
Regular
Hmmm...Ridicules. (Fat fingers)
Tue 28/05/02 at 12:05
Regular
LoL! Oh my god! The fact that he didn't see me pick up any thing or nick any thing should have been the reason not to throw me out. Foolz! And that gun comparison is rediculas. How is pointing a gun to some ones head the same as acting dodgy in a supermarket and not being seen to be doing any thing criminal in the process? Think befor you cross the road kids.
Sun 26/05/02 at 18:26
Regular
"A man with a stick"
xBeanx wrote:
> Now, what did the experiment prove I
> here you ask? Well it proved that security guards jump to conclusions
> with out any sense of what really is going on.

Just to clear this up, you're conclusion is wrong.

Basically the experiment proved if you're going to act like a shoplifter, you'll be treated like one.
Sun 26/05/02 at 16:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
What if you where a thief and he let you go? You may not steal the sweets, but you could steal something else, throwing you out prevents this.

He wasn't to know you wern't a real shoplifter (We only have you're word on that mind) so I think its quite fair what he did.

Just be glad he didn't call you're parents and get you into more trouble.
Sun 26/05/02 at 15:30
Or it means security guards are just trying to do their jobs, idiot.

Here's an experiment - pull out a gun and point it at someone's head. When the police arrest you, point out the fact that the gun wasn't even loaded! What stupid morons, they didn't even know that! Experiment succesful!
Sun 26/05/02 at 15:27
Regular
Hi guys/Girls! I did i little experiment at my local supermarket last thursday. I was testing to see what kind of reactions I would get from the security guard by acting in a dodgy manner.Firtsly, the hands in pocket test. I walked up to the shelf where they keep the sweets and junk food and then I got the securty guards attention buy coughing out loud. Then with his eyes firmly on me and pretended to look shady by looking over both my shoulders.At this point a noticed that he turned his body to aline him self with the direction he was looking.Now, I picked up some sweets and clutched them firmly in my hand.I then turned awy from the security gaurd and with my back facing him I shuffled my body a little,giving the inkling of some thing dodgy going on.At this point I noticed him make his move by walking towards me. I saw him do this by the refection on a sweet bag and I quickly put the sweets back on the shelf with out him seeing. He put his hand on my shoulder and said " What you doing son?". I just replied " Im looking at the sweets?".He then said " Just get out of the store please".With a 'fake' puzzled expression on my face I walked out not buying any thing. Now, what did the experiment prove I here you ask? Well it proved that security guards jump to conclusions with out any sense of what really is going on.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.