GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GCSE's & All That"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/05/02 at 10:35
Regular
I really didn't want to start another 'I'm threating about the GCSE's' topic yet I just feel I had to post this as I am annoyed with the whole thing.

Now I know the importance of getting decent grades in my exams, the chance of me not needing them is pretty slim but there is a chance. But most likely I WILL need them and since the third exam which I took next week I just don't feel like doing well anymore. And I have my most important ones this week and after half term.

The first two exams were easy, no problem. R.E saw me using many more sheets of paper as I had many opinions and German listening was just crossing boxes which seemed no trouble at all. During that German exam I knew I had my Drama exam right after and a quick dash to the hall down the corridor would see me on stage and performing for what I think is 60% or 80% of my final grade. If any of you know that please feel free to fill me in.

So I go to Drama after in quite a good mood due to the German exam going well, coursework for Drama being probably the best in the year and my Drama teacher telling me how if I get the Shakesphere right I should get my A.

Meet the examiner and all goes fine then it's onto stage...

First problem : I don't say the plays title loud enough.

Second problem : I go to put a plastic nose on and the string breaks.

Third problem : I go to shake a money bag and the money falls out all over the stage.

Fourth problem : Some of my staging got a bit muddled up at times

Fifth problem : I had a really crappy part in our devised part of the play, I should have been and could have been the part I wanted to play which was more a main role.

So overall it went crap. REALLY REALLY crap. The whole play itself was pretty poo and we were one of the most able groups there.

My Shakesphere bit went fine though everything else just feel to pieces for me. It didn't show my potential at all and it didn't show many others in that group either.

After some in the group were quite happy and saying well done with me and others and stuff and I was just like "Yeah...well done" walking around gathering my stuff miserabally. I walked by where my Drama teacher was sitting and she called me name, so I looked up and she put her thumbs up at me. To reassure me? I'm not quite sure but if it wasn't I don't know what she was doing a thumbs up for.

So the one exam I could had got a good grade in all goes wrong and puts me down for the rest of the exams. Now I just don't feel like I want to do well when I do at the same time. It's weird, I just can't get the Drama out of my head but I know I need to.

I am doing it for A-Level, I wonder if that would count over the GCSE say if I wanted a job or something?

Glad thats out, it's bugging.
Sun 26/05/02 at 21:07
"Uzi Lover"
Thing is, I've done my exam, the examiner is now gone back to whereever she came from. And I'm left with doing crap :-)
Sun 26/05/02 at 20:59
Regular
"That's right!"
Dunno about that, but as for your group project, you can repeat a scene if you want you know. Just say to the examiner "Can we do that again?" and they'll let you, well, they SHOULD let you
Sun 26/05/02 at 20:43
"Uzi Lover"
That could be true Sheepy...

I have a cunning plan though, read on...

I was just going through a box with all my revision stuff in and I came across the piece of paper which shows my Drama MOCK result. It shows all the points I got for writing, performing etc and overall i got 95%. Which was the best in the year I think.

So, the plan...

If it turns out I done really bad in my GCSE i can use my MOCK result for Drama instead and show the employer that until I succed in my A-Level.

Or can't I do that?!? :-S
Sun 26/05/02 at 19:12
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Referring to your post...

I think it shows strength if you managed to perform well with all the things going wrong around you... might have showed the marker that you had something more than those who went right all way through... if you get what I mean?

Don't worry about it :)
Sun 26/05/02 at 19:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
In Maths you learn to do stuff but nobody ever tells you how this helps the world... least with Geography or something it relates to the world instead of you being turned into a robot, chucking out numbers for stuff that you don't know what your doing.

I have Maths tomorrow :(
Sun 26/05/02 at 19:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ahhhhhhh......Biology revision. Crap!
Sun 26/05/02 at 14:52
Regular
"That's right!"
"So overall it went crap. REALLY REALLY crap. The whole play itself was pretty poo and we were one of the most able groups there"

-----

That's nothing, we did our A2 group project just recently, and right near the time we had to perform (a couple of weeks) a kid in our group drops out, so we had to get a replacement from year 11. He was really talented, and because he wasn't being marked himself, he was allowed a script. However, on the day itself he used it as little as possible, and instead tried reading the lines from memory as much as he could. Of course, he messed a lot up, missed some stuff out, and got lines in the wrong order. Which meant we had to improvise around him, man, it was hard. I had two really big scenes with him, and he did it a lot throughout those ones. Ah well, I think in the end I got a C (not sure, we were just given a number out of 100)
Sun 26/05/02 at 13:14
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I love exams, but I hate exam time.

I'm in my second year at Uni now, and over the next two weeks I have five two hour exams to sit. They'll count for about 3/4 of my entire second year, which is 20% of my degree in total. So you won't see me arond the forums much from now until at least the tenth of June.

80% of my degree next year. That'll be fun....

Anyway, I do like exams. The great thing about them is that I can get high marks for an entire year's work, with just a couple of weeks of revision. Compare that to the 5% I get for having spend about six weeks solidly working in the last two terms, and you can see why I prefer exams.

"Today, I 're be mostly revis'n Graphics."
Sun 26/05/02 at 12:26
I am doing Drama GCSE...It's nasty because I have one of the worst classes in the whole year.. I have a predicted A grade for drama, but if I dont show my full potential in the exam then...I could walk away with a C.

The written stuff is easy, I find, but that doesn't count for much. I just hope my class pull themselves together by the time we have to organise the exam for next year.

Not looking forward to it. Not at all.

Never mind. Show them what you can do at A Level mate. I shall.
Sun 26/05/02 at 11:45
Regular
You must be pretty busy then with exams?

Lucky for me I haven't got them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.