GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mini Games"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/05/02 at 09:55
Regular
I'd like to see some mini games for xbox. Little games which are less than 10 meg in size that remain permantly on your hard drive and don't require a cd to start them. I had in mind the classic Frontier Elite 2. This game came on a single 1.44 meg floppy for pc and so an updated version making use of enhanced textures for xbox could surely be fitted on the hard drive in less than 10meg. What about the original Wolfenstein coming with 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein'. The original wolfenstein being permantly available on the hard drive no cd needed. I also feel Microsoft should extend the usefulness of the xbox by doing vcd, svcd and divx players for the xbox. This would give a lot more people a reason to buy an xbox.
Sun 26/05/02 at 12:02
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I agree there, but I don't think mini games and VCDs would really be available without a big update to the dashboard.

As far as I am aware, saved files need a game to boot them up. So if you had a 10 MB mini game sitting on your HDD, I don't think it would be possible to run this as a game, without using a boot CD. That's just the way the dashboard currently is. Unless M$ have thought about this and made it possible to run certain types of files straight from the dashboard (like the ripped CDs). But I haven't seen anything about this so far, so it's probably impossibe.

As for VCDs, this would also need a big upgrade. I know it's possible to do this using the HDD, but I don't think M$ want to get back into the reputation of releasing a load of patches to do these things. It could just ruin their console reputation.

Maybe we could look out for it on Xbox 2?
Sun 26/05/02 at 09:55
Regular
I'd like to see some mini games for xbox. Little games which are less than 10 meg in size that remain permantly on your hard drive and don't require a cd to start them. I had in mind the classic Frontier Elite 2. This game came on a single 1.44 meg floppy for pc and so an updated version making use of enhanced textures for xbox could surely be fitted on the hard drive in less than 10meg. What about the original Wolfenstein coming with 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein'. The original wolfenstein being permantly available on the hard drive no cd needed. I also feel Microsoft should extend the usefulness of the xbox by doing vcd, svcd and divx players for the xbox. This would give a lot more people a reason to buy an xbox.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.