GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Free Gift Pack Thingy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/05/02 at 09:44
Regular
Anybody who bought an Xbox before the 26th March will know that they're entitled to a load of free stuff. They should know that before this date, Microsoft just wanted you to fill in the form and send it by post. And after this date, they required proof of purchase. After numerous e-mails to the (admittedly, well responding) Xbox customer care, I found that since I sent mine before the 26th March I won't need to send by post proof of purchase.

And here I am, a week over the '29 days' delivery time, and still nothing. So I called Microsoft.

And here's the juice of the matter:

Microsoft had a 'system failure' which resulted in all of the application forms sent before the 26th April to be deleted. Convenient. They haven't contacted anybody about it, which means that if I'd have just waited, the offer would have expired and I'd have been conned out of more stuff from Microsoft.

So anybody who hasn't yet sent proof of purchase, you need to. Send the new form off again by post and hopefully you'll get the stuff.
Sun 26/05/02 at 09:44
Regular
"¬_¬"
Anybody who bought an Xbox before the 26th March will know that they're entitled to a load of free stuff. They should know that before this date, Microsoft just wanted you to fill in the form and send it by post. And after this date, they required proof of purchase. After numerous e-mails to the (admittedly, well responding) Xbox customer care, I found that since I sent mine before the 26th March I won't need to send by post proof of purchase.

And here I am, a week over the '29 days' delivery time, and still nothing. So I called Microsoft.

And here's the juice of the matter:

Microsoft had a 'system failure' which resulted in all of the application forms sent before the 26th April to be deleted. Convenient. They haven't contacted anybody about it, which means that if I'd have just waited, the offer would have expired and I'd have been conned out of more stuff from Microsoft.

So anybody who hasn't yet sent proof of purchase, you need to. Send the new form off again by post and hopefully you'll get the stuff.
Sun 26/05/02 at 10:27
Regular
You should put this in the XBOX forum.
Sun 26/05/02 at 10:30
Regular
"¬_¬"
And so I shall. Thing is, not everybody who has an Xbox goes there - I don't go into any forums other than FOG chat and prime except on rare occasions because I don't like the 'we love Nintendo and everything else sux' attitude.
Sun 26/05/02 at 10:40
Regular
I've found that the XBOX forum is pretty sensible on the whole. And you should post it in there because a few XBOX owners are geting a little agitated and confused by the non-arrival of their invisible games.
Sun 26/05/02 at 20:41
Regular
"accidental superher"
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> I've found that the XBOX forum is pretty sensible on the whole.

it isn;t at the moment...with all this arguing between the nintendo people and garbe...even though i do like the xbox i really do think garbe is going OTT with the I love xbox deal!
Sun 26/05/02 at 21:26
Regular
Don't be worried. I did mine the first night it became available on the 17th April and I rang them today and they said it will arrive before the end of this week. They didn't have a systame crash, they just had a huge respnse to the package as you can imagine. They will come and unless you have been asked otherwise just wait for your package pastiently afterall I have been waiting 39 days and that is the most so it will eventually come by Royal Mail!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.