GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ALL X-BOX FANS READ THIS!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/05/02 at 20:15
Regular
This is me, a serious X-Box fanboy and it is not a stupid consoles war post I just want everyone who is either into the X-BOX or gaming in general to read this, I know it is long but please read it, you will finally see why we are here for a long time!

The X-Box can not be compared to the GC becuase the X-Box wins hands down. Instead of bringing out say 1 good game a month and the rest are a waste of time the X-Box is bringing out 3-4 amazing games a month and between now and christmas this will increase. I can't believe that the X-Box has only been out just over 5 weeks in the UK because the games we have seen and played so far win GOTY before the end of year has arrived. Many complain about ports, nut just look at how the PS2 mashes ports up, take Max Payne for example, the X-Box version is the best version of the game yet and it is not a biased opinioin as most people share this opinioin and on the net reviews rate the game higher or equal than the PC version and the only reasons why it was faulted was becuase it was too short (nothing to do with the port) and no level editor (port problem). Then take the PS2 version:

No quick save
Load times are shocking
Graphics are very poor
sounds are dumbed down
DOLBY 5.1 is not apparent
Frame rate is terrible

There we go 1-0 to the X-box!

Then lets take SSX Tricky, the PS2 version was good, the GameCube version was appauling LOL! and once more the X-Box version wins once more due to popular opinioins and amazing graphical enhancements (mainly in the lighting department) to the other 2 version. The GameCube version thined all the characters down to make them look stupid, the graphics had been dumbed down for some strange and unknown reason (well it is known can't handle em) and it was rated the poorest out of the lot.

Before you jump the gun forget the, " Nintendo wanted to create a console ideal for games and nothing else ", becuase it is utter rubbish! The GameCube contains neither DVD playback nor a Hard Drive which means no internet play and no option to download extra levels or characters and game Demos. Lets all face it even the PS2 could do this (no offence to PS2 owners it is my 2nd favourite console and I hope it does well) and this goes to show that it was rushed out to compete as they are even supposedly adding a DVD player to the console (emphesis on supposedly) and if they had thought things over properly and not rushed the console out then they might last maybe a day longer than the N64!

Forget the Resident Evil rubbish, read reviews on www.gamespot.com and www.ign.com to find out that the game is nothing ultra special and is just an update in the series and look at it this way, the PS2 new that the series was coming to an end after a great career so they sold the franchise to guess what people... NINTENDO, LOL! All Nintendo seems to do is rehash old games from other consoles of both their own and other consoles. Anyone can bring out old games, Microsoft could just release:

Shenmue 1
Jet Grind Radio
Virtua Tennis 1
Virtua Tennis 2

But instead they have had the brains to bring out the latest addition like:

Jet Set Radio Future
Shenmue 2

Microsoft are giving gamers what they want, no-one wants old rehashes of ex PLAYSTAION ONE games! LOL, face it the GameCube is a console that is not going to survive and it should have been called an N64.2!

All these games that you list as great games:

Die Hard Vendetta
Mario
Metroid
Star Fox

They are all old (bar Die Hard) and I bet you now maybe 2 of them will score 80% in reviews, just stop giving out all this rubbish about, " we have the best games " when clearly the X-Box list makes me drool just looking at it! I could go out and list a few X-Box titles that will only appeal to a select audience and say, " look these games sound good lets go promote them without any evidence or facts "! I know one GameCube owner that owns all 3 top consoles and a great PC that will admit that the GameCube is utter kids play and wishes he never bought one, but all you on here are so imature that all your arguments stem from the same thing, RUBBISH!

Look at the impact games like:

Halo
RalliSport Challenge
Project Gotham Racing
Max Payne
Dead Or Alive III
Jet Set Radio Future
WWF: Raw Is War
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions

And with the likes of:

Air Force Delta Storm
Black And White
Bruce Lee: Quest For the Dragon
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Commandos 2
Conflict Desert Storm
Dead To Rights
Die Hard
Dino Crisis 3
Good Cop Bad Cop
Gun Valkyrie
Halo 2
Hitman 2
House of the Dead 3
Hunter: The Reckoning
The Matrix: Reloaded (gonna be the best game ever)
Max Payne 2
Medal Of Honour: Allied Assault
Metal Gear Solid Substance
Midtown Madness 3
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
Pac Man World 2
Prisoner Of War
Rainbow Six: Raven Shield
Return to Castle Wolfinstien
Serious Sam
Shenmue II
Shenmue III
Soul Calibur 2
State Of Emergency
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter Special Edition
SWAT: Global Strike Team
Terminator Dawn of Fate
Timesplitters 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Unreal Championship
X-MEN Wolverines Revenge

Hitting our shops this year and early next year, TAKE COVER NINTIES!

The GameCube has not had this impact, maybe Star Wars: Rouge Squadron has had a small effect but nothing like Halo and the other games listed above and THEY WERE ALL LANCH TITLES! With over 200 amazing games promised before Christmas on top of the having the worlds most powerful graphical and sound engine that all you Ninties could only dream of and we have the Worlds MOST POWERFUL games console and with the games to back it up! THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN ARGUE WITH, NOTHING! How can you complain about all the games out and coming out when they are truly mouth watering.

This is a desperate plee to just SHUT YOUR MOUTHS AND KNOW YOUR ROLES! Because in here we are sick of all you GameCube owners trying to convince yourselves that you have made the right descion! If you think you have then I AM PLEASED FOR YOU, YES THAT IS RIGHT I AM PLEASED FOR YOU, IN FACT I AM OVER THE MOON! But just stop coming into the X-Box forum with naff arguments and sales figures beacuase they are all wrong! The X-Box is picking up sales in Europe and Japan, in America it is alreday doing amazingly well and in Austraillia they had to increase shipping by 41% just to please consumers with the Worlds Most powerul games console!

Whatever you come back with I am not interested, I have held off with pure power facts because all you Ninties deny them BEACUASE YOU ARE JELOUS but if you want em I will give them to you. As IGN quote themselves ' WITH OVER 70 GAMES OUT AND 200 PROMISED BY CHRISMAS MORE AND MORE GREAT X-BOX GAMES ARE BEING CONCIEVED EACH DAY'!

As 'THE ROCK' himself would say 'THE X-BOX IS THE BEST THING ON THIS SIDE OF THE PILLOW SO ALL YOU NINTIES GO LAY THE SMACKDOWN SOMEWHERE ELSE AND KNOW YOUR ROLES JABRONIS'! ALL YOU X-BOX FANS JOIN WITH ME AS WE PREACH IT'S POWER AND CAPABILITIES ACROSS THESE FORUMS AND GET FAITH IN ALL US PROUD OWNERS! SONG IT OUTLOUD! 'IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL... WHAT GARBE123 AND BILL GATES AND THE X-BOX AND ALL YOU X-BOX FANS ON HERE AND OUT THERE... ARE... COOKING! JUST BRING IT NINTIES!
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:22
Regular
I've always wondered what the name "garbe123" means.

*ponders*
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:16
Regular
"8==="
;D
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:15
Regular
This is hilarious! :D

Funny thing is, you both seem to be trying to tell each other you're not getting worked up by this, yet, if you were saying what you are typing out loud, to mean it, you'd have to be getting worked up!

Keep going!

Fri 10/10/03 at 12:14
Regular
"YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL... WHAT GARBE123 AND BILL GATES AND THE X-BOX AND ALL YOU X-BOX FANS ON HERE AND OUT THERE... ARE... COOKING! JUST BRING IT NINTIES! "

Still does make me laugh though.
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:11
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix wrote:

> GOOD. YOU. ARE. A. SAD. HYPOCRITE. THEN.

> THANKYOU. FOR. PROVING. WHAT. I'VE. BEEN. SAYING. ALL. ALONG.
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:11
Regular
Hedfix is acting like a bully.

"We're taking the mick out of you"

What is this? Primary school?
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:10
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Pathetic.

Yes, yes it is.

Now shut up the both of yous.
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:09
Regular
You 2 really are quite insane.

Would you just kiss and make up for god sakes. You're getting so stressed over things that really don't matter. You don't even really know each other, yet you spend 95% of your time on here pulling each others hair.
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:06
Regular
Pathetic.
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:06
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
>
> He doesn't even know why I did the post in the first
> place. I will continue to waste his life a bit more, its not like he
> has friends or places to go... or at least it seems that way.
>
> Ah so it is the crappy old
>
> "Oh I just kept replying to waste your time" schtick is
> it?
>
> Good you ARE a sad hypocrite then. Thankyou for proving what I've
> been saying all along.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.