GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Uzi nine millimetre...""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/05/02 at 19:55
Regular
Arnold Schwarzenegger.

True, His recent career is starting to smell like a rotten spiced sausage, but Arnie has pulled off some quality movies in the past. From his break through in movies like "Conan" and "The Terminator", to trying his hand at comedy as in "Kindergarten Cop".

So What's your favourite Schwarzenegger movie? Will the Muscle Bound Austrian ever be seen in another quality film during his life time? Terminator 3 is on its way. Is this one step too far or will it ruin the name of the Terminator series?

And finally, has anyone here seen "Cactus Jack"? It's a late seventies Western starring, yep, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and it is truly the most bizarre film that I have ever watched.

Discuss.
Sun 26/05/02 at 12:27
Regular
"That's right!"
Whoops, I completely forgot Total Recall and The Running Man (which I reviewed here at SR before the DVDs disappeared)

Classics
Sun 26/05/02 at 11:00
Regular
"football fanatic"
i no twins is no way better than the termantor series, they rule.
Sun 26/05/02 at 07:53
Žeynolds wrote:
> my best arnnie film is twins where he has a twin brother, danny
> devito, it is a very funny film and has a lot of action in it

Meh, ironically called 'Twins'. Twins better than the Terminator series!? Are you bloody mad!? I'll have you know that the Terminator films are two of the best films ever made, thank you very much! ;D

Sorry, I feel strongly about this. Ignore me.
Sat 25/05/02 at 23:25
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Oh god, how could I forget total recall. I thought that film was great, and had some good sci-fi sets and effects, but it was the action scenes which made it so enjoyable to watch.
Sat 25/05/02 at 22:27
Regular
"simpsons rule"
yes i like the running man to what is your favourite bit in it?
Sat 25/05/02 at 22:08
Regular
A western with Arnie in? That'll be funny. Must see that.

For some reason, always found The Running Man fun to watch.
Sat 25/05/02 at 22:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Rainier Wolfcastle wrote:

> I didn't think much of collateral damage though. It's watchable, but
> nowadays I always expect a comedy line or two from a schwarzenegger
> film, but collateral damage failed to deliver. (except *Teeny Spoiler*
> BADGUY: "So, when were you going to kill me?" ARNIE:
> "Now" *Throws axe at bad guy*).

Sounds a bit like how the 6th day was. It was a good if dissapointing film, but I did expected more in the way of action especially from an arnie flick. I thought it was funny though, especially when arnie teamed up with his cloned self and they amazed each other with the explosion they made before they rescued their/his family
Sat 25/05/02 at 21:51
"...Unicef pennies.."
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Rainier Wolfcastle wrote:
> And finally, has anyone here seen "Cactus Jack"?
>
> ------
>
> Was that the one where his character's name was "Handsom
> Stranger"?

Yes. The plot was based on a road runner cartoon. Hard to believe, but those who've seen it would understand!

My favourite Arnie movies are Terminator 1 and Terminator 2 (Though I can never decide which i prefer...). I also like True Lies (Excellent mix of Action Und Comedy).

I didn't think much of collateral damage though. It's watchable, but nowadays I always expect a comedy line or two from a schwarzenegger film, but collateral damage failed to deliver. (except *Teeny Spoiler* BADGUY: "So, when were you going to kill me?" ARNIE: "Now" *Throws axe at bad guy*).
Sat 25/05/02 at 21:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
MoJoJoJo wrote:

> Anyway, True Lies, Terminator 1 + 2 are my favourite Arnie films, but
> one can't forget classics like Predator and Commando. End Of Days
> ain't bad either.

Ah yes, predator and the two terminator films where great, in fact I think a new special edition DVD of predator is out soon. Needless to say I will be getting that when its released, the last predator DVD didn't really boast as many extras as the new version.

I also missed out on arnies new film collateral damage, from what I heard it too was a good film, but I'll have to wait to see myself when it gets released to video.
Sat 25/05/02 at 21:33
Regular
"That's right!"
Rainier Wolfcastle wrote:
> And finally, has anyone here seen "Cactus Jack"?

------

Was that the one where his character's name was "Handsom Stranger"?

Anyway, True Lies, Terminator 1 + 2 are my favourite Arnie films, but one can't forget classics like Predator and Commando. End Of Days ain't bad either.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.