GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The "One's to watch" Strikers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/05/02 at 19:24
Regular
With the World Cup coming up, there will be a lot of action, class, tension, anger and not forgetting goals! There are quite a few players who have proven in previous World Cups just how good they are. Here is a selection of Strikers, who i believe will be contenders for the Golden Boot award this Summer.

Thierry Henry - France: France have produced some of the finest stars are the years. Take for example Jean Tigana. Now obviously retired and is Manager of Fulham. Where he has guided his team to the Premiership and bought some French players along the way such as Steve Marlet, Slyvain Legwinski, Louis Saha, Alain Goma and Steed Malbranque. But forget the oldies. Get with the new - Thierry Henry. Henry amazes people with his speed and determination for the ball. He can either play Left Wing or Right Wing. But Thierry Henry seems to just be a natural striker and it wouldn't suprise me if he won the Golden Boot this Summer in Japan and Korea.

Raul - Spain: Spain have always seemed to be the underdogs in the World Cup for many years now but they have the Team to win and the Strikers to win it too. Take for instance Raul. Real Madrid star and a World Class player. I believe Raul has improved a lot over the past year. He seems to be more of a leader, a example to follow. His Football Form at the moment has been superb scoring for Real Madrid in The Champions League final and the Semi Final. Watch out for this guy Defenders as you give him a chance by god he will hit the back of the net.

Michael Owen - England: England's Golden boots and our main Striker for the World Cup. Owen at such a young age of 22 Owen has a bright future ahead of him. But Micahel Owen luckily for us has exceeded beyond we could imagine. His valuation must be 20 Million and rising. Owen seems to be one of the best England have produced in ages. Michael Owen has had many Hamstring Injuries during his career and we hope he dosen't get another in the World Cup. Owen has had some memorable matches so far in his career and his memorable 3 goals against Germany was one of his best performanances yet and with playing a great side like Germany will definately boost his morale. Lets hope Owen will do a number on other teams this Summer.

Christian Vieri - Italy: The Inter Milan star and Italys too by the looks of things! a Top Class Striker who has been capped for Italy numerious times and we all know why. His dealdy striking skills have been proven to be unstoppable. Even for the best of keepers such as Chilavert of Paraguay Barthez of France. Vieri at 29 is still Italys No.1 Striker. He sets a example to others and many Young Children will be watching him this Summer. Admiring his skill and unstoppable shots hoping that they will grow up to be just as good as the Man himself. Golden Boot will be a big priority this summer for him.

Ronaldo - Brazil: What a player! At a very young age Ronaldo played for Brazil senior team. To be precise at the 1994 World Cup in Italy. Since then this man has gone on to do almost everything and is still got a very long way to go at 25 now. The only real big dissapointment Ronaldo must have had is in the Final of France 98. France Vs Brazil. Ronaldo was struggling with injury and fitness but the Ronaldo insisted on playing as he wanted to win the Cup for Brazil. Sadly Ronaldo got subbed during the match, obviously struggling to keep up. From then on things got from bad to worse as Emmanuel Petit slotted one home to win the World Cup. 3 - 1 to France. Ronaldo this year though will be looking to win the Cup this time round and World Cup. He may have only just come back from Injury. But he will be a big factor in Brazil this Summer.

Hernan Crespo - Argentina: Last but by no means least the Lazio superstar Hernan Crespo! With Argentina looking to Win the World Cup this year they will need the Strikers and Hernan Crespo is just the man they need to bring hoem the World Cup. Argentina have had many stars. Such as Gabriel Batistuta but he is getting on a bit now and the Fresh talent of Crespo will be lookign to replace him. But don't get me wrong. Batistita will still play a huge part in Argentina's game. Its just that i belive he is past his peak. Where as Crespo isn't. Definately "One to watch"

Well there you have it! My main Six players who i beleive are contenders to win the Golden Boot this Summer. There are others i know but are there any better than these? I'll leave you to think about that one...
Mon 03/06/02 at 13:43
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Chilavert didn't play for some reason.
They had Tavarelli in-goal instead. :(

I hope he's ready to play again soon though!
He's one player that can light up the tournament - just like how Barthez used to light-up the Premiership with his array of tricks and turns!
Sun 02/06/02 at 13:44
Regular
Ye, I prefer Radio Commentry as well. They make it much more exciting on there. TV commentators are just too negative for me in general.
Sun 02/06/02 at 13:41
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
did Chilavert score as he makes a good striker.
Sun 02/06/02 at 13:40
Regular
I had 5 live playin on that one. I still prefer radio commentry.
Sun 02/06/02 at 13:39
Regular
The Paraguay game was ok, a 2-2 draw. I was just looking forward to the England game though, so I wasn't that interested in it.
Sun 02/06/02 at 13:38
Regular
They only bloody showed the first half of the paraguay game on ITV...
Sun 02/06/02 at 13:34
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Was the Paraguay game any good either. i managed to sleep through both of the matches.
Sun 02/06/02 at 13:31
Regular
I only caught the last 15 mins of the Argentina game. Have to make sure I see higlights tonight.
Sun 02/06/02 at 13:25
Regular
Batistuta played alright today. Got the goal and thats all that matters.

I'd say his only problem is that he is too selfish infront of goal and should have passed to others in better positions on some occasions...

A nice and fresh Crespo should start against England though.
Sat 01/06/02 at 23:04
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
They said that they weren't actually going to play him I think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.