GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy again........"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/05/02 at 19:07
Regular
Well, here I am to annoy all the Sony fans. Its not that I'm 'against' the Final Fantasy series (hell, its coming to GC and FF7 is one of my fav games of all time!) but what in hell is all this FF10 stuff? You are all getting bloomin excited over a game that follows the same formula as all the previous editions. I know you would probably say this about Zelda or suchlike, and its true, but the FF series is so rigid in what it does - Random battles, minigames, big story, improved graphics - Very few gameplay enhancements appear in each series. FF7, although it looks worse than FF10, plays preety much the same, albeit with a differenyt story.

Don't get me wrong, I think the series is superb, but where are the non aesthetical improvements in each new title? Its always the same, but with new graphics!
Sat 25/05/02 at 21:31
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I can understand where you are coming from, of course but you really have to pay more attention to the actual storyline. I dont think that there has been a storyline on any video game that would match the epic proportions that FF games offer us. You get sucked into the games world and you do not just play the games, you LIVE these games. They are so immersive that you never quite feel you have seen this somewhere before.

And consider the fact that the game never uses same characters (even though some of the names may be the same-mostly for nostalgic purposes) or the same locations. You always have a new world to explore,new people to meet and new enemies to battle...the list goes on.

Now you said that you would want to see bigger changes brought to the series. But what can really be done to the game? Real-time combat? This may not suit the game at all and make the fighting more arcade-like. You know what I mean anyway. Final Fantasy IS trying to change things around with the FF11 being totally online. It is a good way forward for the series in theory, but I do not think the Sony online plans are clear enough yet to really come out with an epic online title. I consider FF11 to be more of a stepping stone towards bigger things to come (possibly on PS3).

I have most of the Final Fantasy games and no, I am not tired of playing them. They are always little masterpieces and I am both delighted and respectful of the work Squaresoft have done over the years
Sat 25/05/02 at 19:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Well, here I am to annoy all the Sony fans. Its not that I'm 'against' the Final Fantasy series (hell, its coming to GC and FF7 is one of my fav games of all time!) but what in hell is all this FF10 stuff? You are all getting bloomin excited over a game that follows the same formula as all the previous editions. I know you would probably say this about Zelda or suchlike, and its true, but the FF series is so rigid in what it does - Random battles, minigames, big story, improved graphics - Very few gameplay enhancements appear in each series. FF7, although it looks worse than FF10, plays preety much the same, albeit with a differenyt story.

Don't get me wrong, I think the series is superb, but where are the non aesthetical improvements in each new title? Its always the same, but with new graphics!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.