GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Life of a Penny"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/05/02 at 20:14
Regular
Do you ever wonder where your money has previously been? Do you ever pick up a coin and think to yourself “who has had this coin in their pockets or tills?” After taking a 20 pence coin from my brothers room I dropped it on the floor near my bedroom and by accident I examined the coin tail side up and I read the date off the coin, 19-90 was the date that read off and I was at the mere tender age of 4 when this coin was minted, but who had it first?

When you go into a shop with your money do you ever wonder who next will have your coin? Could it be David Beckham or maybe the girl which you have been staring at in class or at your work place for the past few weeks and will the coin ever return into your pocket some time in the near future?

When drawing money from the bank every note or coin in which you are given there is a replacement coin in its place. I know this may be hard to believe but for every £10 note you own there are 1000 penny’s somewhere in your countries wealth backing up this note! The thought first entered my head 5 weeks back when I purchased my X-Box from a shop in Leeds with 298 pounds in my pocket, without 'you' the reader I would not have been able to purchase my X-Box, without the countries main leader and politicians I would not now own the worlds most powerful games console and to be honest, the figures are totally mind blowing!

Do you ever think to yourself, “does this penny have a life; if I could be this penny what memories would I look back on? Who’s pocket's had I been in or whose will I be in in the near future? “As we have lives and functions so do the coins in which we own, without them we would not be where we are today, they keep the economy afloat and help keep our lives on track, just spare a thought for the money you have and take care when handling what keeps your family alive!

Next time you go to your Nan’s house or next time you are given some money just pay a thought for those who helped give that coin a life and who has looked after it on the run up to entering your pocket. Try and get the figures and statistics into your head without then exploding your mind or your brain, try and descramble those statistics and give them an identity, try and put those figures into perspective becuase without them you would not be purchasing or taken the item you have in your hands home with you that day!
Fri 24/05/02 at 20:14
Regular
Do you ever wonder where your money has previously been? Do you ever pick up a coin and think to yourself “who has had this coin in their pockets or tills?” After taking a 20 pence coin from my brothers room I dropped it on the floor near my bedroom and by accident I examined the coin tail side up and I read the date off the coin, 19-90 was the date that read off and I was at the mere tender age of 4 when this coin was minted, but who had it first?

When you go into a shop with your money do you ever wonder who next will have your coin? Could it be David Beckham or maybe the girl which you have been staring at in class or at your work place for the past few weeks and will the coin ever return into your pocket some time in the near future?

When drawing money from the bank every note or coin in which you are given there is a replacement coin in its place. I know this may be hard to believe but for every £10 note you own there are 1000 penny’s somewhere in your countries wealth backing up this note! The thought first entered my head 5 weeks back when I purchased my X-Box from a shop in Leeds with 298 pounds in my pocket, without 'you' the reader I would not have been able to purchase my X-Box, without the countries main leader and politicians I would not now own the worlds most powerful games console and to be honest, the figures are totally mind blowing!

Do you ever think to yourself, “does this penny have a life; if I could be this penny what memories would I look back on? Who’s pocket's had I been in or whose will I be in in the near future? “As we have lives and functions so do the coins in which we own, without them we would not be where we are today, they keep the economy afloat and help keep our lives on track, just spare a thought for the money you have and take care when handling what keeps your family alive!

Next time you go to your Nan’s house or next time you are given some money just pay a thought for those who helped give that coin a life and who has looked after it on the run up to entering your pocket. Try and get the figures and statistics into your head without then exploding your mind or your brain, try and descramble those statistics and give them an identity, try and put those figures into perspective becuase without them you would not be purchasing or taken the item you have in your hands home with you that day!
Fri 24/05/02 at 20:20
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
With the direction Nintendo are staying on, chances are that penny will have been thrown to Miyamoto at some point while he sits near a shop doorway. Only kidding Ninties.
Fri 24/05/02 at 20:32
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
i have better things to do than worry about where a penny has been, most bank notes have been used to sniff coke probably but really who cares, by some games mate and stop worrying about nothing.

this sorta post should be in the fog with the other pointless posts
Fri 24/05/02 at 21:08
Regular
If it is so pointless why read it?
Sat 25/05/02 at 09:30
Regular
Curious post for the XBOX forum. I think you should have put it in the Life forum.

Roughly on the subject: I often leave money [coins] in certain places like phone boxes and on the roofs of cars just to give the person who later finds it a momentary cheap thrill. Generous or weird? Perhaps both.
Sat 25/05/02 at 12:01
Regular
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> Curious post for the XBOX forum. I think you should have put it in the
> Life forum.
>
> Roughly on the subject: I often leave money [coins] in certain places
> like phone boxes and on the roofs of cars just to give the person who
> later finds it a momentary cheap thrill. Generous or weird? Perhaps
> both.

LOL, can't say I have ever done that but whatever turns you on!
Sat 25/05/02 at 12:46
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> LOL, can't say I have ever done that but whatever turns you on!

Would you believe I've also done this kind of thing with games.
I once left a copy of Super Magnetic Neo [DC] in a telephone box.
Well it only cost me a fiver, so I thought what's the point in part-exchanging it.
Sat 25/05/02 at 13:56
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
So where do you live, what telephone box and when are X-Box games being put in there ? ;-)) As long as its not the likes of Mad Dash Racing. ;-))

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.