GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doing my happy dance, doing my happy dance...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/05/02 at 16:12
Regular
Doesnt it seem sometimes that the more you try the less you get. At the start of this week I was feeling quite ill, but didnt let that put me off, My AS exams are ongoing and it was probably related to that, but illness was enough of an escuse to put revision on hold and spend more time in bed watching tv, lazing about and relaxing. But alas even that was a pipe dream - my dad decided that it was about time I had a new door put on my room, and that it needed painting - so thats me out of my room for 3 days 1 for fitting the door, 2 for painting, my older sister has taken control of the living room tv so she can watch such trash as Home And Away and Neighbours, so the only room left in my house with a cable box is my brothers room which usually is in such a mess that I can go in watch tv or play on his dreamcast and get out everyone none the wiser, but since my dad cleaned his room at the start of the week, It would be obvious, and my dads just around the corner painting my room, and I know that if he sees that I messed up my brothers room after he cleared it up I would be in for it. So here I am, stuck downstairs, away from the TV, forced to resort to the only media outlet (unless you include radio, but you cant JUST listen to the radio)left avaliable to me - the internet. All this week I have posted a number of (in my opinion) quality posts on these here forums, and for the vast majority have gone unnoticed, my post BREAKING NEWS from tuesday I think, didnt get a single reply, I dont know if anyone read it, and I was wondering what about the post meant nobody replied - could it be the title, maybe, the post was in fact a spoof post, but thats hard to tell when its not read. I also posted STAR WARS SPOILERS which was another spoof post, that got some reaction but nothing really. My Yodas diary comedy post only got replies by people telling me I spelt Degobah wrong, great response there. And those were the more accessable posts, my more serious posts just got completely ignored, why oh why could that be. Did anyone read my post on losing touch with reality? Nobody replied, so it doesnt look like it. The only post that got any kind of positive response this week was my 10 ways to ensure people respond to your posts - was this because a lot of people are in the same situation? Just because you are a newbie and dont have a legion of followers, or dont like to insult people but rather have put across a serious point of view. Im sorry if this post has seemed kind of bitter, thats not what Ive tried to get across, but rather Id like everyone to know that the reason why newbies may act weird sometimes is that its the only way to get the attention of others, after all being serious or showing a dry sense of humour didnt help me much, maybe I should go aroung everyones topics spamming just so I can elicit some kind of a response. Until Im forced to go down that path and join the darkside, Ill be here, doing my happy dance, hoping someones attention can be caught.
Fri 24/05/02 at 21:14
Regular
"That's right!"
I'm sorry, I can't read that
Fri 24/05/02 at 21:09
Regular
I didn't know we could post magic eye pictures....*squints*...errmmm its a cow!
Fri 24/05/02 at 16:42
Regular
My haapy dance contains of a mix between the Funky Chicken and breakdancing. it is currently banned in Bulgaria, Ireland and all countries that serve non-alcoholic beer in restaurants.
Fri 24/05/02 at 16:23
"Darkness, always"
a small post? it makes my eyes hurt looking at that... that THING!
Fri 24/05/02 at 16:22
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Harly seemed woth putting into paragraphs since its such a short post and would only have been split into 2 possibly 3 paragraphs anywy, bu still constructive criticism is better than flat out insults (which I'll be expecting any minute now).
Fri 24/05/02 at 16:18
"Darkness, always"
Your Honour wrote:
> USE PARAGRAPHS!!!

^^ Listen to this man. He speaks words of wisdom
Fri 24/05/02 at 16:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Today sucks

(hijacking your thread)

I've spilt milk... broke door handles... got a sore head... it's wet and cold and miserable... I've been stuck in house too long... I don't know anything in maths... I kicked the wall and now my foot hurts...

WHy is it for the last year I've been doing maths following simple rules then the exam papers f.ck the whole thing up and change wording of question to confuse you? Twunts

Today sucks dinosaur asss.
Fri 24/05/02 at 16:14
Regular
USE PARAGRAPHS!!!
Fri 24/05/02 at 16:12
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Doesnt it seem sometimes that the more you try the less you get. At the start of this week I was feeling quite ill, but didnt let that put me off, My AS exams are ongoing and it was probably related to that, but illness was enough of an escuse to put revision on hold and spend more time in bed watching tv, lazing about and relaxing. But alas even that was a pipe dream - my dad decided that it was about time I had a new door put on my room, and that it needed painting - so thats me out of my room for 3 days 1 for fitting the door, 2 for painting, my older sister has taken control of the living room tv so she can watch such trash as Home And Away and Neighbours, so the only room left in my house with a cable box is my brothers room which usually is in such a mess that I can go in watch tv or play on his dreamcast and get out everyone none the wiser, but since my dad cleaned his room at the start of the week, It would be obvious, and my dads just around the corner painting my room, and I know that if he sees that I messed up my brothers room after he cleared it up I would be in for it. So here I am, stuck downstairs, away from the TV, forced to resort to the only media outlet (unless you include radio, but you cant JUST listen to the radio)left avaliable to me - the internet. All this week I have posted a number of (in my opinion) quality posts on these here forums, and for the vast majority have gone unnoticed, my post BREAKING NEWS from tuesday I think, didnt get a single reply, I dont know if anyone read it, and I was wondering what about the post meant nobody replied - could it be the title, maybe, the post was in fact a spoof post, but thats hard to tell when its not read. I also posted STAR WARS SPOILERS which was another spoof post, that got some reaction but nothing really. My Yodas diary comedy post only got replies by people telling me I spelt Degobah wrong, great response there. And those were the more accessable posts, my more serious posts just got completely ignored, why oh why could that be. Did anyone read my post on losing touch with reality? Nobody replied, so it doesnt look like it. The only post that got any kind of positive response this week was my 10 ways to ensure people respond to your posts - was this because a lot of people are in the same situation? Just because you are a newbie and dont have a legion of followers, or dont like to insult people but rather have put across a serious point of view. Im sorry if this post has seemed kind of bitter, thats not what Ive tried to get across, but rather Id like everyone to know that the reason why newbies may act weird sometimes is that its the only way to get the attention of others, after all being serious or showing a dry sense of humour didnt help me much, maybe I should go aroung everyones topics spamming just so I can elicit some kind of a response. Until Im forced to go down that path and join the darkside, Ill be here, doing my happy dance, hoping someones attention can be caught.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.