GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Rareware makes the best games!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/10/00 at 12:00
Regular
All of Rares games have been classics, and all of them on what could be said as the worst prforming console on the maket at the moment, the Nintendo 64. But why do Rare make such good games?

The anwser is simple. Ask yoursleves this, how many games have Rare brought out in the history of the N64? not very many.

This shows that Rare take their games, and do not realese the game untill its at its best, in other words they take there time with their games. There is always a touch of genuis in Rare games packed with the best gameplay and ideas.

If you take another company, say Eidos, you can see how much games they produce. There are loads in the chart.And all of Eidos games seem to be advertising something, example Who Wants To Be A Millionare. It just shows that some companys are in it for money.

But Rare make money by producing some of the best games ever, and i am proud to give my money to them!
Sat 28/10/00 at 20:43
Regular
They're the best western games developer (if not the worlds) and in the near future when I start working for them, NO other company will stand a chance!

I'm saying this a bit too much aren't I!
Sat 28/10/00 at 14:39
Regular
Rareware the best UK Developer, according to the BAFTA awards again. Everyone respects them including Shigsy.
Like Sony, Nintendo had a company making games only for their machine, that was Square until now.
I may also say Eurocom have been pretty good developers as well, TWINE looks really good, plus Zero Hour, was pretty good, using the 3rd person view.
But I see no one surpassing them as the best despite some heavy pressure, that's what makes nintendo's machine a powerful GAMES machine.
Sat 28/10/00 at 13:05
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Except Tomb Raider II, I remember drooling with anticipation for that one to come out, and was sadly disappointed by the lack of innovation produced for this title. I'm drooling again over Metal Gear Solid 2, but for different reasons. (They are not anatomical this time.)
Sat 28/10/00 at 12:40
Regular
All good things come to those that wait...

Hopefully...
Sat 28/10/00 at 12:15
Fair enough, but you are forgetting that Rare are developers. They do not publish the game and therefore don't advertise, and will spend a lot of time on one game, to make it good. Now, Eidos are publishers - not developers - they do have lots of contracts with developers, but don't develope the games therefore they can publish a lot of other developers' titles - i.e RE code Veronica, Tomb Raider - these games were made by Cpacom and Core interactive, respectively. So, please don't compare publishers with developers.
Sat 28/10/00 at 12:00
"Uzi Lover"
All of Rares games have been classics, and all of them on what could be said as the worst prforming console on the maket at the moment, the Nintendo 64. But why do Rare make such good games?

The anwser is simple. Ask yoursleves this, how many games have Rare brought out in the history of the N64? not very many.

This shows that Rare take their games, and do not realese the game untill its at its best, in other words they take there time with their games. There is always a touch of genuis in Rare games packed with the best gameplay and ideas.

If you take another company, say Eidos, you can see how much games they produce. There are loads in the chart.And all of Eidos games seem to be advertising something, example Who Wants To Be A Millionare. It just shows that some companys are in it for money.

But Rare make money by producing some of the best games ever, and i am proud to give my money to them!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.