GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Barcode Battler"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/05/02 at 12:39
Regular
Do you remember these things that had EEVRYONE talking about them after the seemingly 'cool' adverts?? I do.
Did you ever have one?? I know I wanted one, but no-one I knew ever had one.

So what did you think of it?? And how exactly did it work???

All I can remember is that you scan in different barcodes and that adds to you power or something?

Anyway, tell me something about this.... thing.
Fri 07/06/02 at 12:47
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
I remember these things used to cost mega bucks, £80+ wasn’t it? If I wanted a glorified bar code reader id work at Iceland. Still i got one anyway when they dropped to about £30. Think I got mine from Hamileys.... anyway I only played it for a couple of days, the novelty of cutting out every barcode in the kitchen only to discover they weren’t compatible soon wore off, and I don’t think me mum approved :p . Well I still got mine, sitting in the loft with my beloved antiquated console collection of 400 speccy games, loads of amiga format disks and master system and alike.
Sun 02/06/02 at 12:39
1 1. 2 1
Wed 29/05/02 at 13:28
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I can remeber the adverts for the Barcode battlers, they used to make me really want one too. You can get hold of them on ebay really cheaply (about five pounds ish). I am tempted to bid on one, but I think that it might pale in competition with Final Fantasy 10.
Sat 25/05/02 at 11:26
I have one never understood it though. the only thing i found out was the barcode on the battler box was one of the best
Fri 24/05/02 at 17:01
Regular
"95% organic"
Mmmm... an ingenious toy indeed. But it did just involve collecting barcodes... And then pitting them against each other in a fight-to-the-death battle. With barcodes. Barcodes are fun aren't they?

I always knew the Tesco Cantaloupe Melon had the upper hand over M&S washing up liquid, it had a far better barcode. My favourite ever barcode was x03-98378, it had plenty of thick black lines, and an appropriate distribution of thin ones. I got it enlarged and made it into a poster (which I now have framed above my bed).

I don't see the need to make my barcode collection fight anymore. I just like to flick quietly through my album and admire their beauty. Hmmmmmmmm... barcodes... [drool]
Fri 24/05/02 at 12:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Do you remember these things that had EEVRYONE talking about them after the seemingly 'cool' adverts?? I do.
Did you ever have one?? I know I wanted one, but no-one I knew ever had one.

So what did you think of it?? And how exactly did it work???

All I can remember is that you scan in different barcodes and that adds to you power or something?

Anyway, tell me something about this.... thing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.