GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh yes"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/05/02 at 09:25
Regular
GTA3 for the PC arrived this morning. Big cheers to the SR postal boys for that one.
Let's see now:

As well as the usual stations (apparently with added tracks and more on Chatterbox FM) you have Radio MP3 where you can play your own tunes.
You can import faces onto characters from jpg.files.
You get a 30 second, multi-camera replay for those moments you have to share and they're saveable.
Mucho improved graphics with zero fogging/pop up if your system can handle it. (mine can)
A new character skin with tight-jeans and big 70s Jason King style moustache for amusing homoerotic jokes.

The best reason, in my opinion, to own a PS2 just came to my favourite gaming platform.
I fear I may be ill at lunchtime and have to go home.
Fri 24/05/02 at 10:26
I might get it How much would I get off if I traded in Shadows Of Memories Moto GP and MGS2??? off GTA3 at eb
Fri 24/05/02 at 10:20
Regular
I loved it on the PS2 as well, it's the only game I played on it.

Bit of a shame it's not out on Xbox, but there's loads of other games to make up for it. :-D

Sounds like all the extras will make the PC version damn good, anyway.
Fri 24/05/02 at 10:08
"Mimmargh!"
SSBM didn't arrive today so I think I will buy GTA3 PC to tide me over...
Fri 24/05/02 at 10:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Well I feel rotten so I'll be going home about midday, I can have a quick go and give my opinion, for what that's worth.

I loved it on the PS2, and the added stuff can only help on this.
Fri 24/05/02 at 10:07
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Damn Rockstar - where's the playable demo when you need something to while away the hours chained to your desk ?
Fri 24/05/02 at 10:04
Regular
Hmmm, video card just scrapes it but the rest is better.

MAy have to buy this on my lunchbreak...
Fri 24/05/02 at 10:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Min Spec:
450mhz Pentium 3 or AMD Athlon
96mb Ram
700MB free hard disk
16mb Video Card
Fri 24/05/02 at 09:55
Regular
Don't suppose you know what the minimum spec is do you?

Not sure if my PC can handle it, I've got a well old graphics card.
Fri 24/05/02 at 09:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No worries.
I shall give it a blast tonight and post a quickie review.
I used to have the PS2 version so it will be interesting to see how it compares.
The user-skins looks very cool, with instructions on how to create them, an example and which directory etc to place them in.
Fri 24/05/02 at 09:45
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
I've got bored of GTA3 now. Although it is a great game! The reason why I am bored of itis because I have played it to death. When I had my ps2 it was the only game that I really played along with MGS2. Saying this I am considering buying it for the pc. Goatboy after you have played it for a bit would you mind giving me some feedback on it :)
Cheers

(Also would you guys read my latest topic in here) :) Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.