GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Frontpage Express"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 21:27
Regular
Someone has just recommended it to me and i am wondering what you people think of it, is it any good and what can you do with it.
Thu 23/05/02 at 21:27
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
Someone has just recommended it to me and i am wondering what you people think of it, is it any good and what can you do with it.
Thu 23/05/02 at 21:34
Regular
"relocated"
Alexj17 wrote:
> Someone has just recommended it to me and i am wondering what you
> people think of it, is it any good and what can you do with it.

To be blunt, it sucks.

I've only just started designing HTML, and I can tell you that, even as WYSIWIG, this is not the way to learn. If you want to build a website then you're going to need to do some manual coding, and for the design parts you're better with a good visual editor like Dreamweaver. My advice would be to get a copy of this from macromedia.com (it's a trial, or a preview release at the moment, I think), and also 1st Page 2000 from Evrsoft. Do the tutorials it comes with; compare what you're getting on screen with the underlying code; get a decent HTML book, or just go to an introductory website; practise, practise, practise.

It's fun: but not if you're using Frontpage Express.
Thu 23/05/02 at 21:36
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
yeah but wouldn't i have to get another connection and all that though
Thu 23/05/02 at 21:45
No, your internet connection is only used to upload your web sites (copy them from your computer onto the web server [the internet in basic terms]).

You can use whatever web design program you like: FrontPage Express, FrontPage 2000/XP, Dreamweaver, 1st Page 2000 etc etc...

All web design packages produce web pages using the same code (HTML), though some programs produce 'cleaner' code than others. This means that if you are serious about web design, and want more control over your web sites, then you should learn at least basic HTML.

Check out: http://www.w3schools.com
Thu 23/05/02 at 22:50
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Tell me who recommended Frontpage to you. They need to be killed.
Thu 23/05/02 at 23:32
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Yep, Frontpage sucks. I used it at first and thought it was alright. Made a site or two with it and was pretty chuffed with them. Then, I went on Work Exp at a Web Design company, learnt HTML, looked at my code and it really did suck. I suppose you can only appreciate how bad it is when you know HTML, but if you can't be bothered to learn HTML (which is important because you can do things with HTML that you can't do with WYSIWYG editors) then hop over to www.macromedia.com and get yourself a nice copy of Dreamweaver MX.

Also, while you're there, get Fireworks MX as well, that rocks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.