GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Making Money from traffic or popups"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 20:59
Regular
Does anyone know where i can go to sign up for free, and make money out of traffic and popups many thx Tony_Blair
Sat 25/05/02 at 12:59
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
Tony_Blair wrote:
> oook thx guys.. so it seems that banners are more popular.. but where
> can i go to find a place that pays well..?

I don't think anywhere pays well. You don't really make any money from clicks - it's only on sales, and people rarely buy things. I've made about 70p from my Amazon affiliates thing (another 30p and I'll buy a lottery ticket and make my millions!)

Commission Junction www.cj.com is pretty good for lot of different advertisers and it's really easy to join. Details are on the site.
Sat 25/05/02 at 08:59
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
oook thx guys.. so it seems that banners are more popular.. but where can i go to find a place that pays well..?
Fri 24/05/02 at 12:40
There's a much better way to make money online. Pick a subject area which you know a lot about - e.g. hard disk drives.

Make a web site providing lots of useful information to consumers about the subject you chose. Then get related companies to advertise on your site - e.g. hard drive manufacturers, data recovery firms etc etc.

Not only do you make money, but your site will also be useful, as the information it contains will be accurate, and targetted at a specific audience.
Fri 24/05/02 at 12:19
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
funkygamer wrote:
> Hey, Gabbo, you do realise that is against the terms of the Amazon
> Affiliate terms and conditions you signed up to... don't you?
>
> I signed up to the affiliate prog to, and one of the main things I got
> from the sign up screens was "don't buy the stuff for
> yourself!" Ahem.

Hmmmm, I actually didn't know what I was doing was against the Terms and Conditions. What's the worst that can happen though, "I'm sorry, you've broke the Terms and Conditions, we'll have to take away the tiny amount of commision that we actually give you." Not really too worried and I doubt that double check every single person in the affiliate program.

> So far I've made about $3 in fees. I'm not planning to retire soon.

:D. I guess my idea wasn't as original as I once thought.
Fri 24/05/02 at 08:50
Gabbo wrote:
> I'm a member of the Amazon Affiliate program. I don't expect to make
> money from other people but I buy through it when I buy stuff from
> Amazon... not that I get a lot of commission.

Hey, Gabbo, you do realise that is against the terms of the Amazon Affiliate terms and conditions you signed up to... don't you?

I signed up to the affiliate prog to, and one of the main things I got from the sign up screens was "don't buy the stuff for yourself!" Ahem.

So far I've made about $3 in fees. I'm not planning to retire soon.
Thu 23/05/02 at 23:41
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Yup, he's right, avoid pop up ads at all costs. There is no point because most people (myself included) close them before they have already loaded. I've got banner ads at the top of my page www.globalwallpapers.tk on a nifty little banner rotator. If people don't want to go to amazon, then they won't, but it's not effecting them in the slightest.

PS. I've got an EnterTheFog banner in there compliments of Fog, I think we should all get a little network up with everyone advertising everyone elses sites. I think this is the type of thing Fog has been trying to do, but he has been beating around the bush with it :D.

Aimed at Fog : And yes, I will have a globalwallpaper banner ready for your site soon :).
Thu 23/05/02 at 22:26
Regular
".......on the attac"
Dear Tonester,

If your site is getting a lot of visitors the last thing you want to do is put pop ups on it. You'll lose a lot of business. Why do you think sites like Amazon, Play and even SR keep well away from pop-ups? People close them rapidly and consider them a menace.

Banner ads are much more acceptable.
Thu 23/05/02 at 21:43
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I'm a member of the Amazon Affiliate program. I don't expect to make money from other people but I buy through it when I buy stuff from Amazon... not that I get a lot of commission.
Thu 23/05/02 at 21:26
"Darkness, always"
the days of pop-upincome are in decline, I'd recommend you don't bother going there.
Thu 23/05/02 at 20:59
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Does anyone know where i can go to sign up for free, and make money out of traffic and popups many thx Tony_Blair

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.