GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Know Your Role and Shut Your Mouth!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 20:01
Regular
On the 18th April 2002 Microsoft announced their price cut and the console would go down £100 from £299 to £199 which would take effect from the following friday April 26th. Do you remember the posts from all of the ninties in this forum, if not here are some examples, " its only becuase it is not selling well ", " its like Bill Gates admitting defeat ", this was only a few comments but as you know there was a lot more than this.

Last night I recieved an e-mail confirming that the GameCube is coming down in price! LOL! YE THATS RIGHT PEOPLE IT IS COMING DOWN IN PRICE! Could this be Nintendo admitting defeat, are they failing! LOL, take it Nintendo fan boys, TAKE IT!

Not only this but... Microsoft with the X-Box corner at E3 have been given the award for most exciting games coming out this year! LOL, face it and don't come out with a load of rubbish about Nintendo and Mario becuase you bore me beyond taking a breath. Nintendo can not challenge Microsoft and nore can Sony. Sony have a better chance but the GC is an N64.2 and is destined for failure just as the N64 did.

The release callendar on X-Box is better and has been slated as the most promising console at E3 this year. With all the games on show the X-Box corner took center stage! Even the early releases have been slated as the best games ever and that is only after a couple of months here in the UK. It has already taken games into the next century with Halo, RalliSport Challenge, DOA3 and PGR and trust me there is loads more to come!

Before you start I do have an N64 with 3 games, well I did till I sold it last month for £30 with 3 games, steering wheel, memory card and rumble pack! LOL, poor guy that bought it thats all I can say. X-Box is number 1 and "this town ain't big enough for the 3 of em" so Nintendo need to book a train out of town before we all book it for them! As "THE ROCK" himself would say " KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH " and this applies to all Nintendo fanboys, " IF YOU SMELL............. WHAT GARBE123 IS... COOKING!
Fri 24/05/02 at 11:51
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> An email from who?

I have deleted it now, but I think it was GameSpy and it was the main headline!
Fri 24/05/02 at 11:36
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well if thats what your waiting for then you have plenty of time to wait for a price drop cause last I head about that, this country won't be seeing that title till at least spring of 2003.
Fri 24/05/02 at 11:33
Regular
Fair, I'll keep my eye out.

I'm not desperate for one, but I'd like to play the new Mario Kart, multiplayer style, when back at uni in the autumn.
Fri 24/05/02 at 11:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
YH - Very reliable ! Officials from both Microsoft and Sony sniggered and said its going to happen. Not only that, but 2 websites can back it up.
www.WeHateNintyScum.com
www.LiarsAnonymous.com

Joking. Not sure mate, only heard it myself from this topic so far. Only thing I can say is to keep an eye on sites to see if theres any news on it. No doubt SR will be pretty quick to put something up on it if it is indeed true.
Fri 24/05/02 at 11:26
Regular
An email from who?
Fri 24/05/02 at 11:25
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Just out of interest, how reliable is the rumour of a price drop?

Well, its come down in America and I got an E-mail saying they are going to cut the price over in the UK before summer!
Fri 24/05/02 at 11:25
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
doublezero wrote:
> *red faced*
>
> Sorry, i didn't mean to repeat the whole message! I've become
> everything i ever hated!

Go over to the corner, put this foolish hat on and sit there and think over what you've done.

You can come back and join in when you've thought it through. Oi ! No looking round to see what people are writing ! Face the wall !

Ok.........you can come back now.
Fri 24/05/02 at 11:08
Regular
Just out of interest, how reliable is the rumour of a price drop?
Fri 24/05/02 at 10:57
Regular
"cant think of one.."
*red faced*

Sorry, i didn't mean to repeat the whole message! I've become everything i ever hated!
Fri 24/05/02 at 10:55
Regular
"cant think of one.."
garbe123 wrote:
> savatt1668 wrote:
> Don't be silly Garbe, you know Nintendo aren't failing - their doing
> it because they love everyone. Nintendo are desperate to show
> everyone how much they love us by giving us a good price and make
> the
> competition soil themselves.
>
> Ok, now the bull**** reason has been put aside before a Ninty comes
> in
> here and says it I'd like to say that there definatly is an irony in
> this news isn't there. ;-)
>
> In a way, I dunno bout the rest of you, but i'm feeling pretty damn
> good about myself. I've been saying that the X-Box is an excellent
> console and time and again I've talked about the massive potential
> it
> has along with the great games line up. Now E3 has basically backed
> up everything I have said. ;-))
>
> I know fanboy's all too well though. Expect a lot of
> "LALALALALA
> I Can't hear you ! LALALALALA" while they have their fingers in
> their ears. Any that know about this news right now will no doubt
> be
> pacing up and down the room thinking of positive excuses for
>
> Ye and they new Microsoft weren't failing but it didn't stop them did
> it?
> Nintendo's move which no doubt we'll have whined at us soon. Bless
> em.

TO SR: I THOUGHT I WAS ASSURED WE WERE CLAMPING DOWN ON SUCH POINTLESS, WASTE-OF-TIME, REPEATING SPAM!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.