GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Role Models and Footballers Wages"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 15:41
Regular
In todays world, footballers wages and transfer prices are on the increase all the time. With the continuing increases of these what is it that the young of the today and the future footballers want to achieve by becoming footballers.

Is it that they would just like to play football all the time as they enjoy it and would like to continue so as a job and get payed for it or its it all the fame, that they would want to be reconised by all and play for there team that they support when they were kids.

Lastly, is it that they would like the money that is now in football. With the likes of beckham and other getting £100,000 a week is this the main reason that the young would like to be footballers and see them as role models, hopefuly not.

The wage packets now of footballers is getting well out of hand and football in my eyes is turning from a sport that people enjoyed into entertainment with too much trouble involved in it.
When will the wages and transfer prices stop or will they keep increasing as the big club get more and more money and players demands keep increasing.

But to get paid £100,000 a week just to play 90mins a week sometimes 180mins depending on if they have one or two week matches a week and abit training is stupid, yeah i wouldnt mind getting this money myself but to me £10,000 is still high but is alot better than the £100,000 that the likes of beckham gets. He would only need to play for a year or two and would be able to retire on this amount of money.

Thanks for yours time and what do you think?
Fri 24/05/02 at 12:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
They should get £10k a week maximum - worldwide!!

All the top-people in England, who actually DO SOMETHING for our country, like Brain Surgeons, only get around £8k a week - and certainly not over £10k, or even anywhere near £50 grand!!!

If they're unhappy with that, they shouldn't be!
They also get a good amount from each goal they score or assist they make, and there are Signing On fees too - at least half a million!

Greed! But I bet that by the time we became footballers, they'd soon be getting payed A LOT less than they do now.
Thu 23/05/02 at 21:22
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
still you dont need to have a £100,000 a week just to have skill to play football do you.
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:07
Regular
"simpsons rule"
®eDpAtH²°°2 wrote:
> Yeah but it's not all kicking a ball about. You may think it's easy
> but it's not.
>
> Look at Leciester there in division one, yet they jsut kick a ball
> around.
> It's all about skill and scoring not just kicking a ball.
>
> Just Kicking a ball around would probally get you the sack if you dont
> try, cos any one can kick a ball. It's the skill that counts.

suppose so
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:03
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
I would also but the wages now are stupid
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:03
Regular
"Bobba you"
Yeah but it's not all kicking a ball about. You may think it's easy but it's not.

Look at Leciester there in division one, yet they jsut kick a ball around.
It's all about skill and scoring not just kicking a ball.

Just Kicking a ball around would probally get you the sack if you dont try, cos any one can kick a ball. It's the skill that counts.
Thu 23/05/02 at 15:59
Regular
"simpsons rule"
i would love to get paid that much just for kicking a ball around
Thu 23/05/02 at 15:41
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
In todays world, footballers wages and transfer prices are on the increase all the time. With the continuing increases of these what is it that the young of the today and the future footballers want to achieve by becoming footballers.

Is it that they would just like to play football all the time as they enjoy it and would like to continue so as a job and get payed for it or its it all the fame, that they would want to be reconised by all and play for there team that they support when they were kids.

Lastly, is it that they would like the money that is now in football. With the likes of beckham and other getting £100,000 a week is this the main reason that the young would like to be footballers and see them as role models, hopefuly not.

The wage packets now of footballers is getting well out of hand and football in my eyes is turning from a sport that people enjoyed into entertainment with too much trouble involved in it.
When will the wages and transfer prices stop or will they keep increasing as the big club get more and more money and players demands keep increasing.

But to get paid £100,000 a week just to play 90mins a week sometimes 180mins depending on if they have one or two week matches a week and abit training is stupid, yeah i wouldnt mind getting this money myself but to me £10,000 is still high but is alot better than the £100,000 that the likes of beckham gets. He would only need to play for a year or two and would be able to retire on this amount of money.

Thanks for yours time and what do you think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.