GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Interactive Future?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/03/08 at 11:35
Regular
"THFC"
Hello everyone!
I am the proud owner of both a Nintendo Wii and a Playstation 3. I have never had an X-box and while some of the games appeal to me I have had every Sony and Nintendo Console going since I was about 6!

While Sony and Microsoft battle it out with similar games - RPG's, Sports etc. Nintendo have taken a step outside the box and have opted for the interactive aspect of Gaming. Putting you as much in the game as possible. at the moment anyway. That is why I had to get what I call a serious console, after having my Wii for a month of so I was desperate for a solid RPG or adventure game. As much fun as I had playing Wario Ware or Wii Sport. I needed something with more substance, a story to keep me coming back for more. While I appreciated the Wii on a social Level (me and my brother playing Mario Strikers Online, my girlfriend wanting to play Wario etc etc) when I was by myself I found it hard to get excited about playing a game on the Wii. Am I the only one who thought this?? Have Nintendo spent too much time on placing you in the game, making sure the wii is an interactive as possible and forgotten about the actually story and gameplay in a game. The very thing which has made us all come to love games??

I know some solid games are set for the Wii and all ready out – Smash Bros, DragonQuest, Mario just to name a few. And if it was not for these games then I don’t think the Wii would still be with me. I do enjoy the interactive bit, but only for a few minutes. I am happy witting in my chair with a wireless controller, shooting people I don’t know over the internet on Call of Duty 4. Or playing the latest Pro Evo against friends, family and people online. I love Nintendo and as a brand they are unqiue, and difficult to hate. They have some innovative ideas which can’t be matched and that’s why I keep my faith and while things like Wii-Fit will be fun for a few hours. Is there really enough there to keep people coming back.

I am really looking forward to seeing what Nintendo have come up in the future. Will it be something even more than the Wii, or will they conform to the usual and battle against Sony and Microsoft. I like the option of two consoles and while the wii was £150 for me I will keep it for the games like Smash Bros and Zelda, Mario and others. But I really don’t like the friend code system to play online. I am the only one of my friends with a wii, so when a game comes out I want to play online, I wish all Wii games were like Mario Strikers, where you just search for a game. I am praying that this happens with Smash Bros, or else the game will loose some of the magic in my opinion.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 05/03/08 at 11:35
Regular
"THFC"
Hello everyone!
I am the proud owner of both a Nintendo Wii and a Playstation 3. I have never had an X-box and while some of the games appeal to me I have had every Sony and Nintendo Console going since I was about 6!

While Sony and Microsoft battle it out with similar games - RPG's, Sports etc. Nintendo have taken a step outside the box and have opted for the interactive aspect of Gaming. Putting you as much in the game as possible. at the moment anyway. That is why I had to get what I call a serious console, after having my Wii for a month of so I was desperate for a solid RPG or adventure game. As much fun as I had playing Wario Ware or Wii Sport. I needed something with more substance, a story to keep me coming back for more. While I appreciated the Wii on a social Level (me and my brother playing Mario Strikers Online, my girlfriend wanting to play Wario etc etc) when I was by myself I found it hard to get excited about playing a game on the Wii. Am I the only one who thought this?? Have Nintendo spent too much time on placing you in the game, making sure the wii is an interactive as possible and forgotten about the actually story and gameplay in a game. The very thing which has made us all come to love games??

I know some solid games are set for the Wii and all ready out – Smash Bros, DragonQuest, Mario just to name a few. And if it was not for these games then I don’t think the Wii would still be with me. I do enjoy the interactive bit, but only for a few minutes. I am happy witting in my chair with a wireless controller, shooting people I don’t know over the internet on Call of Duty 4. Or playing the latest Pro Evo against friends, family and people online. I love Nintendo and as a brand they are unqiue, and difficult to hate. They have some innovative ideas which can’t be matched and that’s why I keep my faith and while things like Wii-Fit will be fun for a few hours. Is there really enough there to keep people coming back.

I am really looking forward to seeing what Nintendo have come up in the future. Will it be something even more than the Wii, or will they conform to the usual and battle against Sony and Microsoft. I like the option of two consoles and while the wii was £150 for me I will keep it for the games like Smash Bros and Zelda, Mario and others. But I really don’t like the friend code system to play online. I am the only one of my friends with a wii, so when a game comes out I want to play online, I wish all Wii games were like Mario Strikers, where you just search for a game. I am praying that this happens with Smash Bros, or else the game will loose some of the magic in my opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.