GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Website Buliding"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 14:55
Regular
i have got my own website but its one i made through freeserve. i would like to know if i can make one without going throught a server but twithout costin me anything or having to get anothyer connection.

thanks.
Thu 23/05/02 at 14:55
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
i have got my own website but its one i made through freeserve. i would like to know if i can make one without going throught a server but twithout costin me anything or having to get anothyer connection.

thanks.
Thu 23/05/02 at 15:09
A server in this sense is simply the computer which stores your web site and allows it to be accessed by people over a network such as the internet.

Therefore it is impossible to have a web site without a server at all. You can however choose a different company to host your site. I am assuming, that as you say you don't want another connection, you mean you want to be able to access your web space using your freeserver connection.

This limits your options somewhat, though you can still use companies such as Geocities (yuk!), or just try searching for free web hosting companies that don't require a specific connection. Personally though, I would recommend Freeola - the service is undoubtably good, they have lots of built in support for web sites (e.g. PHP, SSI, GD etc) and the connection is always stupidly fast, so you won't have to worry about spending too much time on a connection other than FreeServe.
Thu 23/05/02 at 17:23
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Try www.portland.co.uk

Free hosting, PHP4, MySQL, CGI, POP3 and unlimeted email forwarding. They offer free hosting and domain tranfer for you own URL. If you need a new URL, then other than paying for one, they offer .portland.co.uk ones with their hosting.

FTP access and good support.

If you want a URL, try www.123-reg.co.uk, stupidly cheap, and I mean stupidly cheap... Use these guys all the time

Take a look, I use them for a lot of clients as well as my own sites.
Fri 24/05/02 at 02:45
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Funny, I found www.portland.co.uk to be a load of useless *&$*. Have they cleaned up their act or something, as when I signed up they never helped me, never set up my MySQL, nothing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.