GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Happy's take on Notable Election"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 14:38
Regular
I've been gone a while. A long while, revising for my exams but I cam back to vote and I was pretty damn shocked at how bitchy we've all become.

Let me explain the concept of notable if you will, it's someone who makes the forums worth coming to. They get the goldy name to make sure that they stay here, because where else are you going to get a gold name like that?

It has sod all to do with representing forums and tactics and all the lies, sex and sleaze of politics. It's about fun. These forums are about fun. Things like this make them seem so serious, and I mean 90% of you are youngish, so why the hell d'you want to be serious, you've got 30 years of that to look forward to (unless you're Goatboy).

Now I'm going to give you a little example of what I mean. When I come to the forums to read what's been posted, certain posts stand out above all the others, not because they have a farrago of characters and capitals in the title, but because of the poster's name. These names stand out to me, they are notable names to me because I know that the topic I click on will be funny, challenging or just plain weird. Monkey man is one such name. A person whose topics I will read regardless, that makes him a notable in my eyes. Equally this also applies to the vast majority of the other notables. It's not about posting a hundred things a day, it's about posting things that are interesting.

Don't form voting alliances. It's nothing new and it really doesn't help anyone. All you are doing is devaluing the title of notable. Because that's all it is. A stupid gold coloured username. What makes it special is the people who hold that position. Purple, red or green monkey_man is a notable. And certain members anon, even when bedecked in gold, are not notables.

If you want to play stupid games with block votes and forum representatives then go for it, but you'll all suffer in the long run because being a notable will stop being special. And then our current notables will not feel so attached to the forums. And then what? You're left with wall-to-wall "X-*****x FeLcH my cUbé".

You've also managed to pee off Snuggly. Snuggly rocks so don't.

Monkey_man is a notable.
Goatboy writes like Charles Bukowski, maybe he is Charles Bukowski...

That is all.
Thu 23/05/02 at 22:17
Regular
"That's right!"
Lawless Fever wrote:
> I have a few years on Goatboy

-------

65 eh? Devastating
Thu 23/05/02 at 22:11
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> "I mean 90% of you are youngish, so why the hell d'you want to be
> serious, you've got 30 years of that to look forward to (unless you're
> Goatboy"
>
>
> I only wish you took your own advice in school happy!
>
> ;)

Damn, get a gold name and you think you own the pace ;-)

Did you get Jeff Buckley played on Radio 5.. I think not!

I rule, you rule, we all rule.
Let's make something beautiful.

The euphoria will ebb later but I'm riding the crest of a wave at the moment waiting for the tip to break and send me plummetting to a watery oblivion. Until then I remain Mr.Happily yours.
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Heh, you old geezer

*points at Lawless*

Mock the Mumbly!
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:29
I have a few years on Goatboy, so this really makes me feel old.

Oh joy...
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:24
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
"I mean 90% of you are youngish, so why the hell d'you want to be serious, you've got 30 years of that to look forward to (unless you're Goatboy"

I only wish you took your own advice in school happy!

;)
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:18
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> mothballed wrote:
> I'm not really having a go at Goatboy, just the pathetic kids that
> treat him like the nads.....Do you see?
>
> Spanner
>
> And you do so by attacking Goatboy directly.
>
> GENIUS!

yep....
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:16
"Darkness, always"
mothballed wrote:
> I'm not really having a go at Goatboy, just the pathetic kids that
> treat him like the nads.....Do you see?
>
> Spanner

And you do so by attacking Goatboy directly.

GENIUS!
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:12
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Mr. Happy wrote:
> Goatboy's 28-ish if memory serves correctly.
>
> Go into the Life forum and flick back and you'll see that he's done
> more than you give him credit for.
>
> Tool.

I'm not really having a go at Goatboy, just the pathetic kids that treat him like the nads.....Do you see?

Spanner
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:08
Regular
Are there another group of idiots who need showing that Goatboy's a class act? Pop a few things. The one where he wrote about his accident, or the one about hooligans, perhaps.
Thu 23/05/02 at 16:03
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Goatboy's 28-ish if memory serves correctly.

Go into the Life forum and flick back and you'll see that he's done more than you give him credit for.

Tool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.