GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is your major malfunction numb nuts!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/05/02 at 19:56
Regular
All consoles have brought out many games, even the Lynx. (Yes there was a console called the Lynx) and out of all these many games there might be a few mistakes if you know what I mean. In most of the early 18 bit games the main failure was sometimes the colours would go funny or nothing would happen when you get to a certain point. As time progressed and the consoles became more powerfull the glitches seemed to increase! The typing in messages would be miss spelt. The characters would walk through the walls, this is very common in all of the Tomb Raider series. The new consoles then thought it would be a clever idea to make some 18 bit games on a more powerfull console. However the game couldn't take it. In games such a Suikoden 2 there were blobs and miss shaped squares, with trees that looked like green houses and the houses looking like grey rocks. However after all that playstation and other consoles such as the Nintendo 64 and the dreamcast had learnt their lesson hadn't they? No? Of course they didn't. With the Dreamcast bringing out many light gun games this was a disaster just waiting to happen. When you shoot the bullet hits the screen a bout 5 cm away from where you were aiming it! You just don't get it do you! So here we are in the new era, the third generation. We have got rid of the cheesy music and the blocky graphics, the rubbish story lines and the cheapy effects and we have made our way the the prime of gaming. With the X-box, Playstation 2 and Game Cube the power couldn't be higher. But can the makers put there money where their mouths are and make sure that no more games have major problems?
Thu 23/05/02 at 15:14
"Darkness, always"
genesisofthesith wrote:
> Can someone please tell me of one, just one 18 bit console - There
> were many 16 bit consoles but no 18 bit consoles. Oh and flaws always
> occur, its just the more complicated the coding the more problems that
> can arrise.

As I recall, it states in SAMs "Teach Yourself C in 24 Hours" something like this:

You will find as you go on, that anything more complicated than the "Hello World" program can be a nightmare to debug!

And it is so.
Thu 23/05/02 at 15:12
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Can someone please tell me of one, just one 18 bit console - There were many 16 bit consoles but no 18 bit consoles. Oh and flaws always occur, its just the more complicated the coding the more problems that can arrise.
Thu 23/05/02 at 15:11
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I can see it now, Larh Diamond fist comes home from school and thinks
> "ooh" I have loads of replies to my thread.
>
> *opens thread*
>
> Damn, have to post the whole thing again. Damn these FOG retards!

arhhh leave him alone hes only just joined.
Thu 23/05/02 at 15:10
Regular
great post I totally aggree.......... but you use paragraphs... or i'll smash you wiv my stick!
Thu 23/05/02 at 15:03
"Darkness, always"
I can see it now, Larh Diamond fist comes home from school and thinks "ooh" I have loads of replies to my thread.

*opens thread*

Damn, have to post the whole thing again. Damn these FOG retards!
Thu 23/05/02 at 15:00
Regular
"DS..."
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I'll make you a deal.
>
> You repost this, using a few paragraphs fr easier reading, and then
> I'll take the time to read it.

deal? I think thats the absolute least he should do before anyone considers reading it, no offence to the guy it might be a great post but I agree i can't stand long posts that don't have paragraphs!

*go's off for a while to cool off*

slik ~_~
Thu 23/05/02 at 12:39
"Darkness, always"
I'll make you a deal.

You repost this, using a few paragraphs fr easier reading, and then I'll take the time to read it.
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:56
All consoles have brought out many games, even the Lynx. (Yes there was a console called the Lynx) and out of all these many games there might be a few mistakes if you know what I mean. In most of the early 18 bit games the main failure was sometimes the colours would go funny or nothing would happen when you get to a certain point. As time progressed and the consoles became more powerfull the glitches seemed to increase! The typing in messages would be miss spelt. The characters would walk through the walls, this is very common in all of the Tomb Raider series. The new consoles then thought it would be a clever idea to make some 18 bit games on a more powerfull console. However the game couldn't take it. In games such a Suikoden 2 there were blobs and miss shaped squares, with trees that looked like green houses and the houses looking like grey rocks. However after all that playstation and other consoles such as the Nintendo 64 and the dreamcast had learnt their lesson hadn't they? No? Of course they didn't. With the Dreamcast bringing out many light gun games this was a disaster just waiting to happen. When you shoot the bullet hits the screen a bout 5 cm away from where you were aiming it! You just don't get it do you! So here we are in the new era, the third generation. We have got rid of the cheesy music and the blocky graphics, the rubbish story lines and the cheapy effects and we have made our way the the prime of gaming. With the X-box, Playstation 2 and Game Cube the power couldn't be higher. But can the makers put there money where their mouths are and make sure that no more games have major problems?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.