GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA to be PS2 exclusive until October 2004"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/05/02 at 18:06
Regular
From IGN.com

-----

May 21, 2002 - Grand Theft Auto 3 and all future titles in the GTA franchise will be exclusive to PlayStation 2 until October 2004, SCEA announced today at its E3 press conference. The hugely popular "thug simulator," developed by DMA Design for Rockstar Games, was the best-selling game title across all platforms last year, and earned IGN's PS2 Game of the Year award amid dozens of other accolades. This announcement means it's curtains for the planned Xbox version of GTA3, which was to be released later this year.

"Given the worldwide acceptance of PlayStation 2, it's natural for Take-Two to partner with Sony Computer Entertainment America and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe in its respective markets," said Kelly Sumner, CEO of Take-Two Interactive (Rockstar's parent company). "We want our best-selling franchise to reach the greatest number of consumers. The penetration of PlayStation 2 globally, combined with the pervasive nature and power of the PlayStation brand, will help us achieve this objective.

The fact that the PlayStation 2 will be the only home entertainment system on which one can enjoy Grand Theft Auto titles is a great statement for the platform overall."

----

One... Two... Three...

"HA-HA"

However, it looks like the PC is considered as outside the "exclusive" moniker, as it is not a console.

Thanks to Wookiee for this story, because he's too much of a pansy to post it here.
Thu 23/05/02 at 09:39
Regular
"cant think of one.."
I had a brief go on GTA3 on a mates PS2 when it first came out and i wasn't that impressed. I just kept getting p!ssed off that my car caught fire what seemed like every 5 seconds!

However, when i bought the game myself and sat down and played it and really got into it, i recognised the game for what it truly is: A F**KING MASTERPIECE!
Thu 23/05/02 at 00:15
Regular
What? because after reading all your story's about GTA3 and eventually getting to play it a month ago and not really thinking it was as good as everyone hyped it up to be i'm biased?

I'm sooo sorry but I was expecting something a bit more, maybe I need to spend more time with the game but I really wasn't that impressed with it. I'm sorry for having my own opinion I will keep my mouth shut in future.
Thu 23/05/02 at 00:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yes, and successfully proved to the world that you are indeed a biased nobhead.
Wed 22/05/02 at 23:54
Regular
Never expected it on Cube anyway though it's not gonna make me run out and buy a PS2 for one *cough* over rated *cough* game.

Did I type that out loud?
Wed 22/05/02 at 22:59
Regular
Thats right, PS2, PC, and....

GTA3 will be out for the Gameboy Advance THIS YEAR.
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:59
"High polygon count"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Thanks to Wookiee for this story, because he's too much of a pansy to
> post it here.

Well, I was gonna... but after I posted in the PS2 forum, I had to do some work (for I was at work at the time), and then kinda forgot.

Blame work. Damned inconsiderate of them to expect me to do some work in the middle of a posting session. I should sue them.
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
Silent85 wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> *joins Turbonutter in his laughing*
>
> Well, I'm rather looking forward to GTA: Vice City. And unlike many
> of
> you, I'll be able to play it! :D
>
>
> Oh btw I have a ps2 so I would shut it :)

Ah, but you spent around £300 on an X-Box too, which gives me an advantage. {:)
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:09
phew good thing i have a PS2 and PC :D
Wed 22/05/02 at 18:32
Ant wrote:
> *joins Turbonutter in his laughing*
>
> Well, I'm rather looking forward to GTA: Vice City. And unlike many of
> you, I'll be able to play it! :D

Oh btw I have a ps2 so I would shut it :)
Wed 22/05/02 at 18:31
Regular
"everyone says it"
EXCLUSIVES DONT MEAN ANYTHING.

I hate that word in this market. HATE IT.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.