GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"html link decoration"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/05/02 at 11:30
Regular
i need some help with html please help me
Thu 23/05/02 at 20:18
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Good to hear, do you like Netscape? or are you knowledgable about all things Browsable?
Also can I run two background images seperatly in CSS? e.g. one down the y axis and one along the x axis? as i've set it along the Y but set the table on x to fill the background... :D
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:43
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Fog wrote:
> Cheers, but it doesn't seem to accept anything, it shows the a:link
> though, although it's not the right colour, not sure if thats right or
> not, it doesn't even show the background image i've set on a table
> (HTML).

According to NS, Bkgnd images in tables are "Quirky" sometimes they work, sometimes they dont, especially in 4.7, 4.6 and 4.7!! you can add them via CSS, but again, this is quirky! It's a problaem that plagues us all!!
Thu 23/05/02 at 17:27
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Cheers, but it doesn't seem to accept anything, it shows the a:link though, although it's not the right colour, not sure if thats right or not, it doesn't even show the background image i've set on a table (HTML).
Thu 23/05/02 at 17:18
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Fog wrote:
> I can't think what els you could do to a link to make it look better,
> unless maybe a little party hat? Gucci handbag?
>
> I really do love CSS but then I hate Netscape because it doesn't
> accept it! (i'm using 4.7) I'm guessing that 6.0 accepts CSS I just
> can't be bothered to install it.

NS4.7 Supports CSS1, your probably trying to use CSS2 elements or no-NS compliant styles. You naming could be a little awray too.... But NS4.7 does suppot CSS1
Thu 23/05/02 at 10:15
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I can't think what els you could do to a link to make it look better, unless maybe a little party hat? Gucci handbag?

I really do love CSS but then I hate Netscape because it doesn't accept it! (i'm using 4.7) I'm guessing that 6.0 accepts CSS I just can't be bothered to install it.
Wed 22/05/02 at 21:22
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I've got a visited and hover in my css, just forgot to put them on. Let me know if you want to but there is no point if this isn't what you want.
Wed 22/05/02 at 21:19
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Gabbo wrote:
> I don't get what you want to do, do you want to remove the underline
> from the link or do you want to underline the link when the cursor
> goes over it?
>
>
>
> You'll need to put that in between your > just change the colour to whatever you please. If this is wasn't you
> want, let me know but be a little more specific.

If using the other two styles a:hover and a:visited, make sue you place hover at the bottom of the style other wise it won't work on visited links!
Wed 22/05/02 at 21:02
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I don't get what you want to do, do you want to remove the underline from the link or do you want to underline the link when the cursor goes over it?

You'll need to put that in between your and tags. You just change the colour to whatever you please. If this is wasn't you want, let me know but be a little more specific.
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:19
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Looks like he wants help with CSS.
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:07
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
What exactly do you want? Do you want to learn the whole language, or do you know a little bit and need help on a little bit?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.