GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"pcs are the best. (you console freaks!)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/05/02 at 21:27
Regular
as most of us know (or some individuals) that pcs are far better than consoles. here are a few examples:

A: the games are chaeper
B: you can do your homework on it
C: you can use the internet
D: you don't need a telly to use it

and so on. People are spending far too much money on consoles when they could be buying a decent 3D card or a sound system. The PS2 for example, sure it has a DVD player and has good games. So what! you can have the same for a little extra and you can get more.

so don't waste your money on consoles, get a pc or get a life.

ps. If you think this is s***, don't blame me, it is my second attempt.(my first was...don't bother asking.)
Wed 22/05/02 at 11:05
Regular
"relocated"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> unknown kernel wrote:
> Clearly a man with pride...
>
> Dream all the romantic pride filled stories you will. The reality is
> far less romantic.

You were imprisoned for three months?
Wed 22/05/02 at 11:02
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
PC gaming certainly has some draws. Evolved online gaming, excellent RTS games and the best FPS games about.

But that doesn't make it "better" than consoles at all. Consoles have a far bigger range of gaming genres, excellent multiplayer capabilities and games developed by the big Japanese houses.

It all depends on the type of games you like...
Wed 22/05/02 at 10:40
"Darkness, always"
<:8 )~~Blaze~~( 8:> wrote:
> why cant people have both? i have two pcs and about 6 console i like
> all of them equal.

not everyone has parents/money coming out of their ears.
Wed 22/05/02 at 10:40
"Darkness, always"
unknown kernel wrote:
> Clearly a man with pride...

Dream all the romantic pride filled stories you will. The reality is far less romantic.
Wed 22/05/02 at 10:38
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
why cant people have both? i have two pcs and about 6 console i like all of them equal.
Wed 22/05/02 at 10:36
Regular
"relocated"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> I won my first GAD by arguing that PCs were better than consoles. I
> never claimed it, but i won nonetheless.

Clearly a man with pride...
Wed 22/05/02 at 10:04
"Darkness, always"
Phi11ip wrote:
> Has nobody read this properly yet!?!
> THIS WAS A GAD ATTEMPT!!

I won my first GAD by arguing that PCs were better than consoles. I never claimed it, but i won nonetheless.
Wed 22/05/02 at 10:01
"Darkness, always"
the thing I detest about consoles is split screen multi-player games, which is most of them. what games other than straight beat-em-ups and soccer games games can you have simultaneous multi-player gaming without split-screen?
Wed 22/05/02 at 09:41
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
No offence, but I've made a habit recently of trying to guess whether the thread has been started by a regular or a newbie.

When the thread has a title like "pcs are the best. (you console freaks!)" then that only gets easier.
Tue 21/05/02 at 23:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
rubber_style wrote:
> D: you don't need a telly to use it

No you just need a monitor.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.