GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Sunshine and Star Fox adventures"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/05/02 at 20:32
Regular
This could be the battle of the century and god knows who will win but Star Fox adventures and Mario Sunshine have been scheduled for a November 26th release {So Amazon say}. I want to know which game will sell more?? It's difficult i know. I for one will be getting both probably like evryone on this Chat forum!!! :)
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:13
Regular
I will definatly get Mario Sunshine, its just Starfox looks more promising and well.... better. I can positively say i enjoyed Rareware games on the N64 more than i have Nintendo games, and even Myamoto says rareware make games as good and even better than nintendo.
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I don’t care what you say; I’m getting Mario Sunshine. Even though that may sound hasty, the video from the pre-E3 press conference makes this game look amazing.

You can ride dolphins, Yoshi, and loads of other cool stuff, the water backpack thing looks jokes and it opens up hundreds of new puzzle opportunities.

I. can’t. wait.
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:07
Regular
I dont think Mario looks a touch on starfox at the mo.
Wed 22/05/02 at 19:05
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
O.k we know the release dates are different but if they are released a month apart, who do you still think will win???, i reckon Mario Sunshine but Star Fox adventures is surprisingly looking better!!! :)
Wed 22/05/02 at 12:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, if they are to be released at around the same time I will only get one of them then, and the other a while later.

It's probably be Mario first for me, as a Mario game is what you look for immediatly with a Nintendo console, and each one is also better than the last one - even if they are slightly shorter and easier.

Starfox still looks a great game, but Mario's always first for me.
Plus, Starfox Adaventures: Dinosaur Planet looks very RPG-orientated and i'll probably still be playing A Zelda game or maybe even another RPG when this one's released. So it can wait a little while, and I canm always go back to Lylat Wars, or even try and find a copy of Starwing on the SNES.
Wed 22/05/02 at 00:37
Regular
Fair enough on the age point but yes one came in feb and one in March. And it is incredibly sad that I know that. But for two major RARE platformers they were very close.
Wed 22/05/02 at 00:35
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Eh? I thought they were released at the same time.

Oh and since when did age restrictions ever stop anyone? I bet you've got/played perfect dark and you're not 18.
Wed 22/05/02 at 00:31
Regular
Except for the small fact Conker's Bad Fur Day is aimed at adults and came out in February and Banjo Tooie is aimed at a younger age group and came out in March.
Wed 22/05/02 at 00:29
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Or†ega wrote:
> Some people may not be able to afford to buy two games at the same
> time and sales might be lower than if they were released at different
> times.

Just like what happened with CBFD and Banjo Tooie then.
Wed 22/05/02 at 00:26
Regular
Mario will be September at the earliest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.