GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Linux"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/05/02 at 18:55
Regular
anyone anything about linux
Tue 21/05/02 at 18:55
anyone anything about linux
Tue 21/05/02 at 19:02
Regular
"How Handy."
Yep. it has a penguin. it's called tux. You may want to be slightly more specific than that.
Tue 21/05/02 at 19:40
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Me and Insomnia know a lot about it. I've been using it every day since November (although I know more than you might think), and Luke was practically born attached to various Unix operating systems.
Tue 21/05/02 at 19:40
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
(Insomnia is Luke)
Tue 21/05/02 at 21:17
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
Alexj17 is Andyjames28

i have upgraded my old pc and put linux on it - i dont really know y beacuse i have got a clue what it does or what the point of it is.

Any wanna wanna help

can u get stuff off the net (ie games) to put on it
Tue 21/05/02 at 22:17
after the outcome of the thread i posted about GD, i have decided to buy a P200 from school (they're selling them off for £30) and install mandrake linux on it.

i am downloading the image files at the moment - 3 x 650Mb - on a normal dial-up connection!!!

i chose mandrake coz its meant to be easy to use for beginners, and fairly self-explanatory - plus a friend of mine has used it before.

once i have bought this pc, i might still need some help though, so if anyone can give me any tips about using it, i would be grateful.

btw, im planning to install apache and php etc and run it as a web server.
Tue 21/05/02 at 23:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You made a really bad decision. Mandrake is possibly the worst Linux distribution you can buy. You'll have a very bad experience. I suggest ceasing those downloads and swicth them to something like SuSE, RedHat or Gentoo.

Oh, you do have a CD writer for those ISOs, I take it?
Wed 22/05/02 at 11:30
Of course...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.